*** Now sold ***

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
Apologies, again, for not having something more worthwhile to offer here but before this goes to glumtree / pre-loathed et.al. would anyone be interested in what I can only politely describe as a pub-bike.
I bought it of a postman with the aim of providing someone with Uni-transport. Unfortunately I got a bit carried away and while it looks flash (and I mean that disparagingly) it's a mystery frame. Possible made in Spain or France (from scaffold poles), it features the original 6spd running gear - by Triplex (who they?) that look like they were sent spy photos (taken from a distance. In the dark) of Campag equipment to copy. It all works reasonably competently and it's all clean and tidy. And shiny. Mmmmmmm. Shiny.
Original calipers and pedals as well, cleaned and polishy too.
Oh, new saddle as well, and new seat post (which he's managed to scratch.)
I've replaced all the cables with new, added a reasonable SR stem and Raleigh bars (with nice engravings), new tape, brand-new Tektro aero levers, new-ish wheels with some un-used white FixiePops(!) that were languishing in the shed.
Then I polished the lugs and forks and masked-and-rattle-can decorated and lacquered the lot.
Unfortunately the intended 'beneficiary' (one of my lads) preferred a Gary Fisher MTB I rescued from a skip. So I've just bought this home today (it's been stood in his hall for the last couple of months.)
So, under no illusions that this is an utter faker, would anyone be interested in this for £80?
I'll happily send some more pics and info, just drop me a note.
Can post (£12 in the UK) in a proper bike box or deliver between Reading-ish and Didcot-ish FOC

Attachments

• IMG_1686.JPG
    IMG_1686.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG