Condor Italia

Stevevaio

Dirt Disciple
This is the chance for you to own the bike I never intended to sell.

The bike in question is a Condor Italia, the frame was built by Vic Edwards in 1971. Mr Edwards was a prolific frame builder through the 1960s and 70s, It is manufactured from Reynolds 531, nicely lugged and exhibits Vic Edwards trademark 'shot in' seat stays. The frame has been refinished to an exceptional standard by Bob Jackson Cycles in Leeds. The frame measures 56cm centre to top.

The bike has been subject to a no expense spared restoration, I have used NOS or the very best used parts I could find for the build.

NOS mavic GP4 sprint rims were hand built onto Record hubs, these compliment a full Campag Nuovo Record groupset. 3T bars and stem, Christophe toe clips and straps. 170mm crank arms fitted to 52/42 rings. The bottom bracket is the correct thick rifled cup version. I could go on.......... Not being blessed with medical grade stitching skills I have fitted the rims with Continental Gatorskin tubs, while they aren't amberwall they are pretty much indestructible. With period correct pre CPSC calipers and wheel skewers, buying this beauty not only allows you to maim and snare fellow riders and unsuspecting pedestrians but also allows you to look good while doing so.

The only complaint anyone could have on the question of originality is that the Campagnolo date codes aren't matching on the various components, as stated I have used the best quality parts I could find, while they are all period correct they don't share the year of manufacture.

I've fitted a wide ratio freewheel because I live next to a big mountain and I like riding up it. I can supply a painfully close ratio NOS Regina Oro replacement, I have become attached to the saddle and will replace it with a new boxed Brooks Professional. The bike has only been used for a 10 mile shakedown to fix any rattles or gear problems. I might be biased but it is spectacular. Lots more photographs on request or search Condor Italia on ebay to see my listing.

I restored the bike to use in this years Eroica event, it is only available because I've sourced a NOS Raleigh team frame from the same period and now I intend building this to use in the event.

Im looking for £875 ovno.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,173
Re:

Stunning bicycle from a highly regarded builder, cannot understand why you'd want to drop it for a common, everyone's got one, (yawn) Raleigh frame !

Good luck with the sale.

Rk.

Thank you.

I've never used the word pretty to describe a bike before but the Condor is very easy on the eye.

My first decent bike back in 81/82 was a much lessor specc'd Raleigh team, I hammered it for years before I was hit off it and it was written off while I was doing an event in '89 or so. I jumped at the chance of buying a NOS replacement frame a few months back from a Dutch dealer who had supplied a lot of the parts fitted to the Condor. It is now built up using Mavic SSCs and a full Campag SR group, it is basically the bike I could only dream of all those years ago.

I would love to keep hold of everything but my bike collection is in to double figures, I have reached the point when everything I do around the house has to start with me first having to move a bike out of the way. Turning over in bed is a real pain.

Back