Fixed gear/SS hack bike - for charity GONE

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello,

If I've done it right, I have the fixie in the attached picture on offer.

The deal is that you collect from Horsham West Sussex (I'm happy to meet at the station, direct trains from Victoria or London Bridge) and then make a donation for what you think it's worth to you to the cancer charity that has helped me out so much during my treatment over the past four years via my fundraising page here:

justgiving.com/fundraising/T­ad-Kowal

I'm not taking any money, all the funds go to the Olive Tree Cancer Support Centre. Of course if you don't want it and just want to donate, please go ahead. I'm not putting a price on it, just take it and donate whatever you feel is fair. I will update this thread when it goes. Please message me if you're interested.

The history is that LGF unearthed it at the tip many moons ago, Chris667 had it for a while then it came to me.

Some specs about the bike for you:

Frame - Measures 53/53 C/C I have no idea who the maker is. It has some lovely details like wrap around seat stays and they're pencil thin too. One shifter boss and a rear mech hanger with long drop outs. Spacing is 120mm. It had full Campag kit on it many years ago when LGF unearthed it from the tip so I'm assuming it's relatively high end tubing.

Rear wheel - Double fixed Zenith hub on a Mavic MA3 rim. I had this built from new. Had a back brake on it for 5 miles so the rim is perfect.
Front wheel - Miche hub on a Mavic MA2. Hub is slightly notchy, rim is fine. Allen key fitting

Drive train - Shimano 105 chainset, TA 42t chainring, 16t sprocket giving a 69" gear. Chain has loads of life left according to my chain gauge. There is an 18t freewheel fitted too, used it once and stuck with fixed.

Brakes - Diacompe lever, Shimano Exage caliper (I have a matching rear caliper if you want it but no spare lever).

Other bits - Mudguards, Conti Ultra Sport tyres in a lovely yellow, carbon over alloy seat post, GB bars and stem with 3T cork tape, blue one side and black the other. Pedals are Wellgo spd one side flat the other.

More pics and details on request. Please PM me.

Cheers,

tad

299c421c25e97097b5f452a5ef0e8d3d7024939b.jpg

Back