Mike Mullett Reynolds 753 Complete Cycle - 53.9cm

CheapSkateSimon

Retro Newbie
Mike Mullett road cycle for sale. It's a tad too small for me and so just taking up space. Rides well and in serviceable but average condition for it's age. Really deserves some TLC as befits the work of a quality Reading frame builder. Full details as below:

Collection only, cannot post though I will deliver within appx 20 miles of Basingstoke for a serious buyer.

Pictures & Frame Dimensions - https://goo.gl/photos/pdujBvSAB86YAqgK6
Mike Mullett Info - https://spinwell.wordpress.com/2010/03/ ... -ilkeston/

Frame: Full Reynolds 753 Frame & Forks. Number MM791. 52mmm Brake Drop / Cinelli BB Shell / Mudguard Eyes / Rear Stay Chain Hanger / Top Tube Brake Cable Guides / x1 Bottle Mounts. Rear dropout adjusters missing. Paint worn in various places but no rust and decals in generally good condition.
Headset: Tange Threaded
Wheels: Shimano 600 Tricolor Hubs (F HB-6400 / R FH-64001) + Rigida SHP600 32H Rims (plenty of wear left but with minor dent in rear which is noticeable under braking) + 25mm Tyres
Chainset: Shimano 600 Tricolor (FC-6400 / 170mm) with Biospace 53/42 Chain Rings
Pedals: Shimano SPD
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Internal, Square Taper
Cassette: Shimano 7 Speed 12-30
Front Derailleur: Shimano 600 Tricolor Band-On (FD-6400)
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600 8 Speed (RD-6401)
Shifters: Shimano 600 Downtube (SL-6400)
Brakes: Shimano 600 Tricolor (F+R BR-6400) + new pads
Brake Levers: Shimano 600 Tricolor with hidden cables (BL-6401) + new cable housing F+R
Bars / Stem: 3TTT Podium 41cm / 100mm. Original (?) Sakae Custom 37cm / 90mm also included if required.
Saddle: Selle Italia X0
Seat Post: Ritchey WCS (27.2mm)
Full Length Chromoplastic Mudguards

Price £300 - Sorry but no offers

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I bought this very bike back in early 2021 for £200. I rode it for four or five hundred miles, but (like you) found it a bit too small. So I dismantled it and squirrelled it away in the shed to await a refinish. Fast forward nearly two years and off it went to Mercian for a repaint in flamboyant ice blue. I've just finished rebuilding it; here's how it looks now. DSCF0169.JPG

Sorry to probe, but I'm intrigued..... why the investment in a premium paint job if it's too small? You're unlikely to recoup the cost if you intend to sell

Sorry to probe, but I'm intrigued..... why the investment in a premium paint job if it's too small? You're unlikely to recoup the cost if you intend to sell
True enough, but it needed doing and I felt the quality of the bike deserved a decent job. It's not so small that I can't ride it, it's just that a size up would fit me that little bit better. I long ago came to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be rich!

Back