Late 1980s Bottecchia Road Bike, Columbus MS frame, 57cm

tezla7

Retro Newbie
For sale is my 1980s Columbus MS Bottecchia classic road bike. I bought this bike while I was living in Berlin. Frame size is 57CM, gear set is dura-ace, 16 gears with dura-ace brake handle shifters. Chrome forks. Tubeset is Columbus MS steel. Every tube section is a different shape. Extraordinarily rare tubeset, extraordinarily rare bike. This is Bottecchia's premium frame with chromed lugs and rear stays, chrome forks and internal cabling on top tube.

When I bought the bike I started about fixing a few things up (more chrome), I bought new tyres and rims. Rims I had hand built on the old dura ace hubs which are silent. Rims are Mavic Open Pro with Sapim forks (€257- receipt attached). They've only been run about 100 miles, run perfectly true, super smooth. The tyres are Continental GP4 25mm- also done about 100 miles so basically brand new like the rims. Cinelli bars. Left to do- the front needs new bar tape, the saddle is old, there is slight damage to the front right brake head which is light and purely cosmetic. All small details I was going to get round to but lost momentum. There is also a few marks on one side of the top tube, these are minor. The frame is underchromed so no rust. All in all the bike is in excellent condition and in terms of the ride- it's the smoothest bike I've ever ridden. I'd also probably replace the seat post with a chrome one just because it would look better and complete the chrome colouring. Lots and lots of chrome. Guess that's the thing with a pretty bike, all you want to do is make it more pretty.

Selling price is £1050.

Since returning back to England I just haven't been riding the bike so it has sat unused inside and has to go unfortunately. No silly offers please. Please, no silly offers. Cash on collection. Can offer delivery within a 40 mile radius of Holmfirth for fuel cost, but £50 deposit required up front so I'm not wasting my time. More photos available on request. Thanks for reading.
Will- 07792155021

Attachments

• bottecchia-1.jpg
    bottecchia-1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • bottecchia-18.jpg
    bottecchia-18.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,258
  • bottecchia-13.jpg
    bottecchia-13.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,245
  • bottecchia-12.jpg
    bottecchia-12.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,242
  • bottecchia-11.jpg
    bottecchia-11.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,244
  • bottecchia-3.jpg
    bottecchia-3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • bottecchia-4.jpg
    bottecchia-4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,252
  • bottecchia-2.jpg
    bottecchia-2.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,262
Re:

Hi Chris,

I would prefer not to split given the chance. Selling one thing rather than 5 or 6 would be a lot easier

Back