~1990 MBK Trainer, lilac/pink, 22", s/s + mechs - £80

Ghosty

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've had this for a year, but at the ripe old age of 21(!) it's doing my back in, and I need the space and the money to buy a car, so it's up for sale. Didn't build it myself but it's pretty well put together.

1990ish MBK Trainer, in a lovely two-tone lilac and neon pink finish (not pearlescent!). Paint has a few scratches and dings in it, rider condition. 22", set up as a singlespeed with 42/14 ratio if I recollect. Diagonal rear dropout.
Original front wheel, very slightly out of true, but the nipples are seized so it's as good as it'll be without rebuilding/replacing. Has quick release.
Weinmann rim and Quando hub on the rear with removable cassette spacers if you want to convert back to geared. Runs true, has solid axle.
Halo Twin Rail Courier tyres in pink, rear is worn, front is OK.
Charge Bucket seat, a bit scuffed (that was me falling off due to an errant pedestrian).
Mystery cranks
Generic metal pedals
Promax brakes with neon pink cable outers
Bars are hidden under foam grip but I suspect are original
Etc flexstem
Exage brake levers
300EX front and rear mechs included, as well as brakes and shifters (one M5 shifter bolt missing).
Shifter bosses and rear mech hanger are present and haven't been cut/ground off.
Seatpost can be a pain due to the novel* way it's held in place. It's not stuck, but it can be, er, difficult.

£80 takes it, can get my dad to deliver within 20 miles of Stalybridge (east Manchester) for fuel money, else it's collection only.

Back