Ken Bird vintage racing bike reynolds 531 or columbus? resto

balciaks

Old School Hero
Ken Bird vintage racing bike i think this is reynolds 531 or columbus frame set? because the weight of the bike is only 11.1kg (bathroom scales) and Ken Bird made only quality bikes.
lots of history about Ken Bird, he was British Olympic team mechanic for 3 years if i remember correctly.

about the bike: everything is moving and nothing seized. all the bearings are tight and no play and looks good. frame has no dents and straight. has age related marks, scraches, patches of rust- please see the pictures
beautiful lug work, campagnolo dropouts
components:
dura ace crank set and front derailleur
campagnolo record wheels with mavic gp4 rims with tubs (spare tub provided but not sure of its condition) front tub holds air, rear holds air for about 2 min and goes flat.
rear derailuer is shimano 105
breaks and break levers: Galli criterium black
stronglight headset i think
cinelli stem
cinelli saddle

beautiful 23 inch racing bike, needs a good clean and for someone to take it apart, clean it and put it together or restore to its original condition.

bought this bike from house sale, the person who owned it had it for around 15 years and it was in storage for the next 6 years.
too small for me
240£ Cant upload the pic for some reason so the link bellow for gumtree:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/ken- ... 1206345939

What a lovely looking bike, nice price too. I'm tempted as it's my era and has a dura ace chainset :)

Shaun

Re:

wanted to add that pedals are made by campagnolo as well,
could send the bike easily, have local bike shop near by and they said they will give me a bike box. postage i think will be around 15£

regards
Don

Back