Holdsworth Road Bike early 1970s

maynardlawrence

Dirt Disciple
Early 70s Holdsworth road bike: frame number 41484; 531c tubing; Campagnolo headset; Cinelli Giro D'Italia 64-42 handlebars; Shimano 105 brake levers with,hoods; SLR brakes; Campagnolo seatpin bolt; Cinelli stem; Shimano pedals; Binda straps; Campagnolo dropouts; Strong light cranks; tubular rims with 6 speed freewheel; Campagnolo gear levers; Dura Ace front gear.

The original wheels were Mavic Monthelery Route tubulars, which were replaced as they require re-glueing. These rims are available. Grateful if someone could identify this model. The seattube measures approx 59cm from centre of chainwheel to top. More photos on request.

Location is south-east London, if you wish to collect. £350.

Attachments

• Holdsworth resize 1.jpg
    Holdsworth resize 1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,408
Can't help with the model but I wouldn't think it was early 70s judging by the braze on cable guides, shifters and bottle holder.

mmm is the badge an actual badge or a sticker?
If the latter, it might not be a holdsworth, the seat cluster makes me doubt it a bit.

Also I think it's from mid 80s as it has cable routing underneath the BB, before the cables were router above it.
And Holdsworth from this era I think didn't sport those lugs anymore?

As mentioned, the Under BB cable routing puts it late late 70's or into the 80's.........does the rear dropout holding the mech have two little holes in it?

IMG_3337+copy.JPG

Shaun

Re:

The brass head badge puts it late 70s when they switched to decals.
Catalogues from late 70s to 82/83 all show above the bracket routing. Weird.

Carlton were slow to go under the BB on quite a few frames as well, my 1980's Pro has over the BB routing and a Portacatena dropout.....

Shaun

Latest posts

Back