Gianni Motta 1980's Road Bike 59cn £125 OFFERS??? SOLD

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Up for sale is this lovely and rare Gianni Motta mid-late 1980's (at a guess?) road bike. I am unsure of model tbh as very little info is available online.
It measures approx 59cm from the centre of the bb to the top and has a top tube of 56cm centre to centre. The frame is made of Columbus Tretubi Aelle which has a cross section shape like a clover leaf. The forks and chain stays are chromed. The groupset is made up of a mixture 7x2 Shimnano 105 and various Exage. All of the groupset is very tidy and no wear at all to the chainset....looks NOS. The gears change well and brakes stop as they should. Headset is a 105 with a Sakae stem and 40cm bar. The hubs are HG50 with lovely Rigida SHP-600 rims that are also as NOS. Laced together with 32 double butted stainless spokes made by Schwinn I think. The are straight too. The tyres are old but useable for sure. The saddle is a nice old San Marco Rolls in black leather though the seatpin isn't original and needs replacing ideally as it has been cut and ground down to fit. It has been ridden so please expect chips and bits surface rust on the chips etc. Some of the chrome is starting to pit too. The worse of the marks is on the top tube where a previous owner has decided to remove the original cable guide and route the rear brake cable through the top tube....why? I have no idea. Anyway it works and it doesn't look as bad in the flesh as the pic suggests.
All in all this is a great looking and riding bike that is ready to go on the road. I would be keeping for sure if it were bigger.
I'm not sure about pricing it as can't find another to compare it to but I think it has to be worth £125 in my opinion. It is located in Southwell Notts although I am more than happy to post at cost.
If anyone has any comment or info on the bike, please shout. Any questions please ask away :)

More pics here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77252760@ ... 511049029/

:D

I need this bike sold to go towards a new one so offers are invited :)

Attachments

• rsz_20160623_152333.jpg
    rsz_20160623_152333.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 1,161
Re: Gianni Motta 1980's Road Bike 59cn £125

That is lovely.

I have been looking for another Concorde Colombo in this size, after realising that I wish I hadn't sold the one I got from Tel years ago and on the lookout for a geared road again. Being a clydesdale, I like the way Aelle performed. But this is really interesting.

Hubs silky smooth? - OCD that way.

Re:

Hi, is this still for sale? In your opinion, would this be suitable for 6ft2 rider? Are the wheels 700c?

Re: Re:

Pclay":c6zfi23s said:
Hi, is this still for sale? In your opinion, would this be suitable for 6ft2 rider? Are the wheels 700c?
Wheels are 700c but too small if you are 6ft2 I think

Re: Gianni Motta 1980's Road Bike 59cn £125 OFFERS???

That's a lot of bike for the money:) and lots of chrome :D

Shaun

Re:

I'm interested in the Motta
I've sent you a pm
Give me a call if you prefer
Malc 07899937939

Back