SOLD- Peugeot Aravis 531Professional 58cm 1988

Tootansimooon

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I'm selling my Peugeot Aravis, in very good condition with no traces of rust at all (see pictures) rides beautifully due to light frame and excellent construction. The frame is 531Pro which comprises 531 main Tubes and Simplex dropouts.

Everything is completely original (down to the bar tape!) apart from the seat which should be a white Selle Italia Turbo - a new one can be picked up for around £30 or for around 10-15 in good condition on Ebay/here/Retrobike.

components as follows:
-531 Pro (58cm)
-Mavic MA40 with brand new (never ridden) Continental Ultra Sport 23c
-Shimano 105 Groupset
-Philippe Tour De France handlebars with Atax ASC stem
-Simplex seat post

see: cyclespeugeot.com/PDFs/1988UK.pdf­ (page 7) for more details.

£300

Reason for sale: I have another Peugeot Aravis that I've ridden for many years, this was bought as a spare for when the other went wrong and it never has (after many long distance rides, with camping gear and have clocked up around 18k miles) at all. I don't like this just sitting there staring at the other Aravis wishing that something would go wrong, and I need to pay my rent so.....

I've had other bikes that have come and gone but love the Aravis too much. Anyway I've ridden this one around 2 miles in total and the previous owner bought it new, used it for 3 months and it sat in his garage gathering dust. I cleaned it up and greased it (apart from BB) a while back so it'll probably need the same treatment again, although I haven't ridden it since then.

PM me.
rSoR3sF.jpg

OYBgugP.jpg

C6OQJJe.jpg

EigBdcQ.jpg

8Wbsfyr.jpg

7dVqAF1.jpg

vDtZiar.jpg

mk2vmLe.jpg

X70tRsS.jpg

Re:

Biggs682 its in Brockley SE LDN
Peetee sorry did a cut and paste jobby, removed info. Cant rememeber where I read it.

Ps £285

Re:

No problem. But you're selling yourself short.
531 Pro is a lighter, thinner tubing than 'regular' 531c and the 4 main frame tubes, steerer, seat and chain stays are 531. It makes for a cracking frame if you're not a gorilla. Light, lively and comfortable.
GLWS

Back