Mercian Superlight 1978 - Please delete. Item remains unsold

MercianMike

Devout Dirtbag
Hi Guys,
It is with a heavy heart that I advertise my 1978 Mercian Superlight for sale, this bike isn't getting ridden and I am mountain biking more and more so need a full susser.

The Bike has had a full respray at Mercian cycles in 2014 at a cost of almost £600, I had bottle bosses brazed onto the downtube, lug lined, enamel head badge and a barber pole added.
The colour is Mercian Emerald Green with White pearl.

The bike has a 60cm seat tube with a 58cm top tube so would be suitable for someone around 5'11" -6 ft+, I am 6'2" and am very comfortable on the bike.

The spec is Campagnolo Gran sport all round aside from the seatpost which is Super Record.
The rear cassette is Shimano, Veloflex master tyres which are only a few rides old. This is a used group set in fantastic condition for its age with no noteable damage, it came off of dutch bike so has a huge small ring, this will need to be changed if you want to climb serious hills. Cranks are 170.
Almost new Brooks b17 saddle, Cinelli Criterium bars, instead of finshing the bar tape with tape I have used black twine with an invisible knot, this looks lovely and traditional.
The rims are Mavic with Campagnolo hubs also, they run incredibly smooth and the bike rolls almost silent.
The bike hasn't seen ANY rain since the rebuild, the headset and BB were fitted by Mercian, the bike has only been ridden about 5 times since it came back from paint. There is one very small blemish in the paint where I dropped a lock cable on the paint on the top tube which I have tried to photograph, I was very upset about this! The only reason it was locked was for home insurance

I am asking £1400 + postage, ideally I would like someone to come and see it in the flesh where it can really be appreciated.
I am based in Kent in the UK and will only send within this country I'm afraid.
Please contact me via pm or on my phone 07914800584.

I can add pictures as requested and am happy to accept reasonable offers
Regards
Mike

af6077dc-4d35-4a3a-b987-ca30a7ecdf27_zpsy3vuq27s.jpg

Full slideshow here: http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/mb148 ... ght%201978

Latest posts

Back