Principia Ellipse SX with Campy Centaur 10 speed for sale

Bultaco370

Retro Guru
Principia Ellipse SX road bike for sale. Hand made frame alloy frame, easily as good as most carbon bikes. I am not sure of the exact year of manufacture, probably about 2006, but cannot guarantee that.

Campy Centaur 10 speed throughout apart from wheels which are Ambrosio 28 hole hubs with Mavic Open Pro rims.

Compact chainset 170mm with 36/46 rings.

Recent new chain and Centaur cassette (13-26).

Fantastic machine, needs nothing. I don't really want to sell but another project means I need the funds.

Looking for £450, located near to Hinckley in Leicestershire.

Please note that pedals and computer are not included.

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,128
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 1,128
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 1,128
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 1,128
  • bike5.jpg
    bike5.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,128
Sorry, I don't know, never weighed it. It is pretty light, not the lightest I ever had, that honour went to a Wilier Triestina I had back in 2001 which I did weigh at under 17lbs, but I would say it is comparable to most of the alloy bikes out there. So at a guess I would say between 18 and 19lbs?

The thing with the Principia is the build quality. The following link is to a the Sheldon Brown website, and to a test that was done on a number of frames. Admittedly it was done quite a few years ago, but the results are pretty conclusive. The Principia was one of only three bikes to not break during the test.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard_frametest.html

Re:

I found the Principia geometry chart on the internet

The size on the geometry chart for this frame is described as 51cm (they also call it a Small), measured centre to top of seat tube. I describe it as 52cm as this is my normal frame size.

The top tube length for this size is 53cm, measured centre to centre of the virtual top tube (the top tube on the frame slopes down slightly). I will try to upload an image of the chart this evening as I cannot do this from my work PC.

Does this provide the info you are looking for?

Back