Raleigh Special Products 60cm.

jm

Senior Retro Guru
I can't find much about the frameset I think the bikes were sold as R500's not sure though.I trawled the net but no luck.Although last time I looked I found the catalogue.Any ideas let me know.
The frame is 60cm to the top of the top tube and 58cm c/c top tube.
Reynolds Optima Tubing.
Ultegra 10spd shifters and mechs.
11/28 sram cassette kmc chain.
Tiagra 175mm 34/50 chain set Ultegra bottom bracket.
Rigida Chrina rims built onto Ultegra front and Tiagra rear hubs.Stainless spokes.
Ultegra brakes.
Rolls saddle on a basic Kalloy seat pin.SR stem with Charge bars,black cork tape.Tange headset not fitted yet.
Bontrager tyres 23mm I have some Michelin 25's as well.
Pedals I have basic Shimano spd or spd sl's.

The front wheel is new so is the rear rim and spokes.Chainset is in very good condition.
I was keeping this frame for some nice lightweight bits but have since found a nicer frame so built it up with a collection from the shed.
I can't get pics up at the moment but you can see them here.I know the front mech isn't on,waiting for a band.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45080961@ ... 025396576/

I will get some better finished pics soon.
£300 posted.

It's the same tubing as my M trax frames, basically reynolds 501 with a slightly different process made only(I think) for raleigh, these are from the mid 90s, there is not a lot of info about them, but I think they are cracking frames, nice and light and responsive, I cant remember what mine weighs (race light version) but it's not far off 531c IIRC, here it is

fogfnl.jpg

Back