Dave Yates 853, frameset or complete build

Slimtim

Retro Guru
Well it's time to shuffle the pack and put my Dave Yates up for sale.

Here are some pictures in the link below, it hasn't changed since these posts except that it now has a Campagnolo seatpost and I've put on slightly different bars (Deda 215) and new tape (also Deda in a sort of dark grey that tones with the frame).

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=161898

The frame, fork and headset (cartridge type, very nice) are for sale for £350 or you can buy the whole build (complete Chorus 8 speed, recent new chain), Open Pros on Campagnolo hubs etc for £550 (I'd like to keep the pedals though).

The frame would be ideal for someone 5ft 10 to 6ft 2 depending on proportions, I am 6ft 1 with a 34 inch inside leg. Seat tube c-t is 60 cm, toptube c-c approx. 58cm. Rear spacing is 130mm. The frame has DY monograms as you can probably see in the pictures and has been taped to protect the paintwork etc. I look after all of my kit carefully.

If you love steel and want something from one of the UK's best builders then please do get in touch. I am in SW London and very happy for you to come and have a look.

Lovely bike and very good price however would suggest your sizing recommendations is a little out. I'm 5 10 and couldn't see myself physically being able to remotely ride it. If you get no joy try lfgss especially as your in London cheers jon

formallykenster":gznr3em9 said:
Lovely bike and very good price however would suggest your sizing recommendations is a little out. I'm 5 10 and couldn't see myself physically being able to remotely ride it. If you get no joy try lfgss especially as your in London cheers jon

As to size, if it helps I'm 5 10 and this is the same size as my road bike, I'm "long legged" and fits me ok, guess it's as much about proportions (as the current thread over on the mtb section discusses).

Lovely bike. :cool:

Re:

That's a fine machine. I love 853. it's alive!
BTW the colour looks very like a car I owned, built in 1958. Clarendon grey it was.

Re: Interested buyer

Hi

Any chance this bike is still up for sale? On the look out for a good steel frame and really like the look of this bike. Based in North London and would be interested in coming and having a closer look! Feel free to PM if you are.

Thanks

Chris

Back