Reynolds 531c racing bike - Peak Cycles- Withdrawn from sale

mouse1

Retro Newbie
Reynolds 531c racing bike by Peak Cycles Matlock Bath England. I bought this bike from a friend, in 1991, when I lived in Derbyshire. The frame size is 22inch. It does not appear to have a frame number.

The frame is Reynolds 531c and the fork has 531 stickers (not sure if it is 531). The wheels are alloy with mavic stickers, Suntour superb hubs and bladed spokes. The components are mostly Suntour superb pro, with Dura Ace seat post and brake levers. The bar and stem are Cinelli.

The bike is in need of attention. The wheels need truing/rebuilding and probably new bearings, the bottom bracket has a small amount of play. The frame is in good condition, with the scratches to be expected considering its age.

I am open to offers, although I am only in England for the next week. If there is no interest, it will be travelling with me back to Australia, where I will restore it.

I am looking for around 500 pounds. I would welcolme any advice on its value, as i have never seen a peak advertised for sale anywhere.

Correction to above. Components are mostly suntour superb not superb pro.

Please note this bike has been withdrawn from sale

Attachments

• bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,137
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,137
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,137
  • bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,137
Re:

Wasn't peak cycles Simon Burney's shop before he went into the hotel trade? If I recall, he was our only cyclo cross pro in the days when you were either amateur or pro. I don't know who built his frames though.

Nice bike. If the seat pillar is 27.2mm, then its almost certain to be 531c

I see you're looking for a quick sale, price and your location would help.

Re: Reynolds 531c racing bike - Peak Cycles Matlock Bath

Thanks for the reply. The seatpost is 27.2mm. It was the fork that i was unsure of. I am in east croydon surry, although i will be travelling to derbyshire at the weekend and could bring the bike. As for price, I would looking at about 500.

Hi would you consider splitting and selling the frame?

Mark

I am sorry but I would not consider splitting the bike. As i am in england for a short period of time, selling separately is not possible. You might have noticed i have listed the bike in both complete bikes and parts. This was a mistake, as i only noticed the complete bike category after i posted the add in the parts category. I apologise for any confusion this may have caused.

Needs a price in the original post up top. Just so its clear to all.
It will save you time as I realised your needing to shift it but its the rules. Otherwise it will get locked until a price appears.
Best of luck with it.
Jamie

It needs to have the price put in the original add so its clear to all how much you want for it.

Jamie

I have added the price to the original post. As i have stated, it is difficult to price a bike like this as i have never seen one for sale anywhere. I would welcome any advice from the forum.

Cheers mate :)
I know I sound bad asking but its in the interest of fairness and we have had a few issues regularly in the past.

I haven't seen one before myself so wouldn't hazard a guess but it looks a nicely made 531 frame and the running gear is nice. Would be good to hear from someone who might know more about the shop and maybe who supplied them with frames. Is the shop still there by any chance?
Best of luck with it, it looks a good frame

Jamie

Jamie

Latest posts

Back