FS: Merckx CORSA-01 with 9 spd Campagnolo groupset

citizen-snips

Retro Guru
Up for your consideration is my 2001 Eddy Merckx Corsa 01 frame and fork in Vlaanderen colour scheme built with Campagnolo Veloce 9v groupset and Mavic CXP14 rims.

Only selling on here as I have several Merckx steel bikes and this one is now ridden the least.

As you'll see from the large, high resolution photos I have uploaded – please click on any to activate an enlarged version – the frame paint work and gloss clear coat are in excellent condition. Please note there is not a single corrosion spot to any of the chrome. All chrome is PERFECT with no pitting whatsoever (even under the fork crown which I have photographed as proof). FYI the bike has only been stored indoors and never ridden in the rain and also worth noting the inside of this frame has been sprayed with JP Weigels frame saver. As with all of my bikes it has been well looked after.

FYI there are a few stone chips to the paint commensurate with age which I have tried to photograph but these are only minor and do not detract from the beautiful airbrush stencil paintwork the Merckx frames were given. The new owner will be very pleased indeed.

There is a very slight dent to the top tube which I have tried to show in the photographs (approx. distance is one third of top tube length away from seat post at around 1 o'clock on the drive side of the tube). It is a small, very minor depression and not a sharp type dent if that makes sense. One has to catch it in the right light to even spot it and if were not mentioned would be pretty much impossible to spot. Club buddies on a cafe stop have never spotted it (unless told), so again this really doesn't detract from what is a rather lovely nineties steel steed.

If you are familiar with the Merckx line of steel frames from this era you'll be aware this one was built, not from Columbus tubing as were the majority of Merckx' frames, but instead using Dedacciai's oversized tube set, "Zero Uno" (hence the '01'). With a cast bottom bracket lug Merckx had specially produced for this frame, extra large ovalised chainstays and ovalised down tube coupled with the beefed up seat stays, even more so than those used on the MX-Leader, all made for a stiff yet compliant frame. I think a fair comparison would be to the ride quality of a frame built using Reynolds 853.

DIMENSIONS:
Top tube C-C = 56.5cm
Seat tube C-C = 57cm (59cm C-T)
Head tube E-E = 15.4cm

Other info:
Seat post required = 27.2mm
Braze on mech
1 inch threaded fork
Short reach 39-49mm brake calipers
Italian threaded bottom bracket shell

In photo:
Saddle height measured from centre of BB to top of saddle = exactly 77cm
Saddle tip to handlebar centre = 56cm
Bar width = 42cm C-C
Stem = 110mm

COMPONENTS:
All groupset components are Campagnolo 9spd Veloce apart from the seat post and stem which are selcof and Shimano 600 headset.
Chainset = 172.5mm 52/39
Cassette = 12-23 (but if buyer so wishes I can exchange for a low mileage 12-26 cassette)
Handlebars = Cinelli
Saddle = Selle Italia Trimatic
Wheels = 9v Veloce hubs laced to Mavic CX14 shod with Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres.

Please note no pedals are included with the sale.

The bike will be boxed for shipping via courier to any mainland UK destination with foam pipe lagging used to protect all frame tubing.

PRICE COURIERED TO A UK ADDRESS = *** SOLD ***
Payment via paypal or transfer

Attachments

• EMCorsa01b.jpg
    EMCorsa01b.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 2,760
  • EMCorsa01a.jpg
    EMCorsa01a.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 2,760
Staggeringly good looking bike!

In the highly unlikely and unfortunately event that you have split I'd be very interested in the frame&forks.

GLWS.

Re:

Ooh. Lovely. Wish I hadn't just bought an MX Leader frame, would much rather have this. GLWS.

Re:

What a lovely bike! Good price too. Pity I have 5 road bikes already, or I'd snap it up! :cool:

Mike

Re:

That's lovely and would look perfect next to my 1995 Colnago. Unfortunately, the blasted shed is full and my wife is forbidding further loft based overflow. :-(

Back