Classic LOOK 96 KG - Road BIke

james694

Retro Newbie
Classic LOOK carbon fibre race bike.

Fully carbon fibre tubed with alloy joints, none of which are loose or broken
It great condition with a recent service, new chain, new cables, new pedals and new gear selectors.
Shimano 105 group set ( apart from the new gear selectors)
Mavic wheels - they are super light and run very true
The frame is roughly 23"

I recently completed Rad Am Ring - 24hrs cyling the Nurburg Ring and the bike never let me down, it rolls incredibly well and easily kept up with some other very technologically advanced bikes at the event

The only damage is to the seat post clamp which has fractured as shown in the pictures, I have the piece that came away so can easily be tig welded or bonded back on but for the interim I just used a seperate clamp which did the trick.
A few age related marks as to be expected but considering its 26-27 years old its in fantastic condition.

I do not know a lot about these bikes but I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.
This would make a fantastic Christmas Present especially for someone into classic or retro bikes.

£700.00

I cant upload pictures at the minute but please message me and I will happily send some over.

http://www.lookcycle.com/en/it/look-cyc ... abert.html

... sorry with a broken seat lug, which cannot be changed today, perhabs LOOK directly will do it - but such a frame set will not have any value. Such a damaged frame set can be base of a wall hanging frame or bike only ... or you should continue to ride it if possible 700 GBP for this has been a really joke :?

Re:

Can you explain how the 'separate clamp' held the seatpost in place, when the seat tube has no extension.

Like pic of Jaja in the link though! :cool:

Re:

The seat lug can be tig welded back on and sanded flush, it does not completely devalue the bike.

I have pondered over selling the bike for ages and have had lots of people look at it and told me if the seat lug was fixed I could expect £1,000 for it.

You can not get these anymore and the wheels alone cost about £500 and aren't very old

You are all welcome to your opinions but I disagree.

Re: Re:

james694":22wjtg02 said:
The seat lug can be tig welded back on and sanded flush, it does not completely devalue the bike.

I have pondered over selling the bike for ages and have had lots of people look at it and told me if the seat lug was fixed I could expect £1,000 for it.

You can not get these anymore and the wheels alone cost about £500 and aren't very old

You are all welcome to your opinions but I disagree.

What wheels are they? The advertisment just says mavic and mavic make wheels that cost everything from a few pounds to many thousands. If you cant host photos online I'll be happy to do it for you so that people can see the bike and maybe give a more informed opinion.

... expensive or non-cheap wheels for such a bike could based on Mavic's SSC tubular type in best shape only?!

but for my opinion this discussion makes no sense without any pics of the bike :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
...sorry but - you need really a lot of passion to find anyone, who will pay for such a damaged frame set.
with such a damage it will be not interested for a classic cycle-collector. And who will buy such an old frame set instead.
For my opinion as a collector of youngtimers plastic (carbon) cycles this will be not repairable by TIG-welding, the seat lug clearly has to be replaced

Attachments

• Look KG96_seat lug_01.jpg
    Look KG96_seat lug_01.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,051
Back