Free bike (collection only)- Raleigh Weekender Mixte

Osella

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all,

Thanks to a garage clearance, a relative has two bikes going free to a good home, for collection (or delivery within a short distance).
Both have been kept in a dry garage for a number of years in which I've had bikes stored too and mine had not picked up any rust or corrosion in that time, so hopefully these can go to a good home & get some use!

The first is roughly 6 years old, and is a Dahon folding bike, 20" wheels with rear derailleur shifting, rather than gear hub. I don't know the model and I'm not 'with' the bike but can ask for more details for anybody who's interested. I'm trying to recall all the details from memory at the moment!
The bike has barely been used, and hopefully should just take a bit of reconditioning to cables to get running. I don't think it's ever actually been folded! Brakes IIRC are v-brakes, frame is gloss black with Silver wheels/brakes/bars/seatpost etc.
*Reserved

Second bike is a little older and a non-runner. It's a Raleigh Weekender Mixte frame, fitted with 27&1/4 wheels, I think this is an early 80's model. Frame is black in colour, with stem shifters, both mechs, brakes, cables etc. It does however need new tubes & tyres, and I can't vouch for the status of the wheels. One is original, one a replacement. There is however a degree of corrosion to both rims so I suspect both may need replacing. Tyres and tubes are shot as far as I know. There are no racks or original mudguards either. It was bought with the intention of a rebuild by my grandfather but this never happened & I've not been there often enough to do it myself..
The good news is that I couldn't see any signs of heavy frame rust or damage on a brief inspection, but I don't know whether the seatpost may be stuck, I did free & move the stem however a couple of summers ago. But hey - it's a free bike! ;)

This is NOT the bike available, but just one I found that shows the same model (same decals, chainset, mechs, etc)
$_86.JPG

Available for collection from the East Devon/West Dorset border, or may be deliverable within a reasonable radius.
There should be no problem in 'tyre-kicking' if you're interested but don't want to commit to taking them; just let me know by PM so I can arrange a viewing or collection for you. Unfortunately family are not up with digital photography so pictures are not possible.

If you have any other questions of need any more detailed info, drop me a PM & I'm happy to pass on the queries.

Back