Raleigh Optima team frame 54cm, full new build

going_downhill

Retro Guru
OK, so the bike now sits as shown below, the groupset has been removed. £300 is the asking price (NOW DROPPED TO £225). Thanks

I'll ship it for £5 within the UK

Thoroughly enjoyed building this bike, but I need to stop kidding myself I'm going to get in to riding road. I like my mtb's to much...

The frame was a brand new unridden Raleigh Optima team frame. Bit of detail in this thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=325198

Its been professionally painted in a subtle glitter black and assembled with the below componentry. The paint finish is absolute class..

Bar & stem - brand new NOS Cinelli
Headset - Mint Chris king 1"
Groupset - Full Sram Force 10 speed with Sram red cassette
Wheels - Chosen 120 point engagement hubs (sound like a chris king) on Alex 28mm tubeless ready rims with double butted spokes
Tyres - Schwalbe one 23c
Saddle - San Marco Regale retro team
Post - Thomson layback

Also, she has plush bar tape, two titanium bottle cages and a matching San marco team ass saver mudguard.

Taking into account whats its cost me to build, I think £700 seems pretty fair considering its all brand new. I've done about 15 miles on it in the dry..[/color]

If anyone thinks the price is a bit steep, feel free to let me know. Also, if you would just be after the frame to complete or more era correct build I'd let the frame, fork and headset go on there own for £225.

Cool. That's not too far away from me - Hinckley Leicestershire. Are you likely to be around on Sunday ?
Your bike is my size, and I like the old+new build. Definitely interested, but I'd like to see how it rides.
Thanks
Regards
Andrew

MAMIL65":sgd29fa0 said:
Cool. That's not too far away from me - Hinckley Leicestershire. Are you likely to be around on Sunday ?
Your bike is my size, and I like the old+new build. Definitely interested, but I'd like to see how it rides.
Thanks
Regards
Andrew

Yeah no problem, pm me when you know what time you'll be over and we'll exchange numbers.

Re:

This bike has now had the group set removed. It sits as frame, fork, chia King headset, cinelli bar and stem, tubeless ready wheels with Schwalbe one tyres. Titanium bottle cages, Thomson lay back post and San Marco saddle. All brand new. £300 delivered as is or I'll break it if ppl are interested in individual bits.

Back