RALEIGH MERLIN ROAD BIKE - REDUCED £75

northern al

Retro Newbie
Raleigh Merlin 22" road bike.

I bought this bike about a year ago to use as a training bike over winter. Over the last 12 months it has been significantly improved - when I bought it there was a fair bit wrong with it. The following work was done last August / Sept:-

1.Replaced the Shimano Positron system, which was beyond repair. I have now fitted a modern rear mech and combined this with a period Hurret down tube shifter.

2.Installed a front mech (but not cabled) to keep the chain on the chain ring when shifting to higher gears , and this works a treat.

3.New Schwalbe rear tyre. The front is a cheap brand but has plenty of tread left.

4.Replaced all of the mudguard stays.

5.Fitted a new Raleigh chrome effect pump and Zefal Classic bottle cage

6.New gear and brake cables.

Within the last 4 weeks I have also done the following:-

1.Replaced all of the headset bearings

2.Installed a new freewheel and SRAM chain

The bike is not in mint condition, the frame has elements of surface rust and the sort of marks and chips you would expect on a bike of this vintage. Similarly the wheels have bits of pitting / rust. I opted to not have the bike re-sprayed because I love the patina.

The bike also boasts a Brooks CR3 saddle which is in good condition.

Please note the bike will be sold with its original pedals, not the SPD's shown in the photos.

The bike is located in the Huddersfield area.

Price - £75

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1,928
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,928
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 1,928
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 1,928
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,929
Re: merlin

hi mate, just joined retrobike. don't suppose the merlin is still for sale. have money burning a hole in my pocket. Call me? 07908844652

Back