Ellis Briggs Favori #SOLD#

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heres a 55.5cm Favori aka Ellis Briggs. I don't know much about the history of this but its a nice old girl that would make a nice light restoration project.
She sits on a 531 frame with zeus dropouts, paint is a nice metallic light blue and carries a nice selection of scrapes, grazes and oily patina!
She is graced with the following
campagnolo nuovo record front and rear mech and band on shifters (crudely drilled out...booo)
campagnolo 2 bolt seat post
record large flange rear hub on a mavic sprint rim
campagnolo small flange front hun on a fiamme sprint rim
benotto saddle
cinelli 110mm stem
cinelli 39c/c bar (41 end to end) i'm not sure of the model but they have a rounded criterium style shape, they have been shortened up on the ends at some point. they have the nice old style cinelli crest style lettering
headset is an unknown steel thing
dura ace 7100 (I think) dura ace brake callipers and levers (alas the rubber hoods are long gone)
chainset is an omega
block is a nasty cheap modern thing and the chain is a modern kmc.

Overall it is in fairly good but well used condition, spokes are a bit shonky and would benefit from rebuilds and cables are not really there anymore ( I could re fit it with a modern cable set if required). She would benefit from a good deep clean and de grease but will make a nice little winter project for somebody.
£180 SOLD

Pics came off my telephone, I didn't realise how grim they were until just now, i'll do some in focus ones tomorrow!
Ta

Attachments

• fav1.jpg
    fav1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,053
  • fav2.jpg
    fav2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,053
  • fav3.jpg
    fav3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • fav5.jpg
    fav5.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,053
  • fav6.jpg
    fav6.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • fav7.jpg
    fav7.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • fav4.jpg
    fav4.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,052
Re: Ellis Briggs Favori

Sounds interesting but at 22 inches old money just a tad too small.
Shaun

Re:

If you didn't fancy the tub tyres I've a nice set of large flange mallard 700 professional hubs on newer mavic rims with a better block that I could add for not a lot of money.

Re:

Hello
This is the voice of Dan. I have managed to lock myself out of my account so I won't be able to answer any questions by PM until I can (with a bit of luck) get restored to my normal self!
Ta
D

Re: Ellis Briggs Favori

At £180 you could transplant the kit onto a larger frame if you were a six footer and had a frame that fitted ,....

Shaun

Re: Re:

lockedmyselfout":1qkscl0v said:
Hello
This is the voice of Dan. I have managed to lock myself out of my account so I won't be able to answer any questions by PM until I can (with a bit of luck) get restored to my normal self!
Ta
D

It's Dan alright I've just checked behind the scenes ;)

Back