Kona Paddywagon Singlespeed / fixie 54cm

Super_G

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
The regrettable sale of:

2010 Kona Paddywagon 54cm
By far the most reliable and fun commuter I've owned, yet a very capable singlespeed at long distance rides and training. With 42x16 gearing it's possible to tackle all but the steepest of climbs and will also cruise comfortably at around 22-23 mph. This is a super smooth and lightweight example of this legendary Kona model, with upgraded wheels consisting of Condor hubs, rear flipflop with shimano freewheel and unused fixie cog, laced to Mavic CXP22 rims. Both running smoothly and 100% true on Maxxis Detonator 28c tyres. The brake pads have recently been changed with new cartridge inserts and also a recent sram pc01 singlespeed specific chain. All in all, this bikes in great condition and is running absolutely perfectly in every way. It does have a few scuffs and scratches but only reflecting a used but very well cared for example. This is a reluctant sale, but due to injury it's unlikely to be used for some time. As you will see from the pictures I've previously run this bike with just a front brake, as seen with yellow bar tape, and a 16 function bikehut speedo fitted with cadence and temperature functions. The computer and these bars/tape can be included if the asking price is met. Any trial welcome and with a suitable deposit i'm happy for you to take the bike for a decent ride. Come and have a look, you will not be disappointed.

Location - Gloucestershire

Asking Price - £200 ono

nice like that, sold my single speed earlier this year as do loads of devon hills and simply too much on a single speed. glws good price cheers j

Cheers J,

She is a lovely machine. Wish I could keep her in the collection, but I just have far too many bikes with me not being able to ride at the moment.

I won't lye, some hills can be a challenge, but I was seriously shocked at what can be achieved with a bit of determination. I could regularly show up other riders on the hills with far more expensive dedicated road bikes, with many more gears. Keep those pedals spinning and power on, you'll be amazed at what you can tackle. Plus it does wonders for your fitness! :LOL:

I absolutely loved cycling in & around the hills of Bristol when I lived there! I had a 53/17 setup... Could just about grind up St Michaels Hill in the centre! Could also get up most other hills quicker than a geared bike too.

Latest posts

Back