Biggs 682 bikes for sale 01/09/15 update

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i have the following 2 bikes for sale and thought i would share them on Retrobike

1st up is as pictured above is an , Retro R.E.W Reynolds of Northampton large sized 24 1/2" or 62cm measured from centre of crank to centre of seat pinch bolt and 23 1/2" or 60 cm along top tube centre to centre with a standover height of 34 1/4" or 87cm . so ideal for 5ft 10" plus .Made with Phoenix 101 tubing

I think this dates from the 60/70's but unsure , finished in a nice Shade of red with a pale blue head stock and seat post section with some age related patina and marks , original decal all in place .

10 Speed gear system operated and controlled by campagnolia lever and fr and rear mech with new cables . Chromed Solida crank with alloy TA (i think) double rings , overhauled TDC cottered bottom bracket , new chain fitted .

Wheels are a mixed set of 700c rims with the front being newly laced on to a Mavic g40 annodized rim and the rear being a sachs hub laced to a Alesa rim both are fitted with good world tour 700 x 32c tyres .

Braking is done by Wienmann Vainquer 999 centre pull calipers fr & rr operated by weinmann non aero levers that are fitted on to a nice set of Maes stratalite alloy drop bars and short 80 mm quill stem .

26.4 alloy dome top ITM seat post that is not stuck in the frame .
this bike has covered 200 mile since being fully rebuilt by my local bike shop . it is a classic bit of Northamptons cycling history not to be missed

Asking £145 collected from Wellingborough nn8 postcode Northamptonshire or could be sent to most uk post codes for an extra £25 NOW SOLD

Next up as Pictured below is another , Retro R.E.W. Reynolds of Northampton road racing bike , 21 " or 53.5 cm measured from centre of crank to centre of seat post clamp bolt and 22 1/2" or 57cm along the top tube centre to centre and has a standover height of 31" or 79 cm so ideal for aprox 5ft 6" to 5ft 9" area.

Dates from mid 80's finished in a nice coppery bronze colour that has some sun fade to the paintwork and a few storage related marks as well , but overall in nice clean condition , unsure of tubing as no markings but has a 26.4 seatpost so could be 501 ???

10sp gearing controlled by sachs huret levers and mechs fr & rr with new cablles , Sugino super moxy double crank with recently overhauled tdc bottom bracket Maillard hubs recently overhauled and converted to quick release 27 x 1 1/4" Weinmann alloy rims fitted with good black walled tyres . Both hubs are date stamped 86 .

Weinmann braking system with non aero levers type 730 fr & rr calipers all operated by new inner and outer cables new campag cable clips . Short 80mm ITM alloy quill type stem fitted with itm drop bars covered with brown deda bar tape .

This bike has covered less than 150 miles since being completely overhauled by my local bike shop .

Asking £ 145 collected from NN8 Wellingborough Northamptonshire post code or could be sent via a 2 working day courier to most uk post codes for an extra £25

Loads more pics of both just ask

Back