SOLD Ibis steel road bike 1992 58.5cm Mavic SSC group MINT

ylwgto

Retro Guru
SOLD

This is a pretty rare, and nearly mint condition Ibis steel road bike. Beautifully crafted and custom painted in Sebastopol, CA by Scot Nicol and his crew, this bike is a real stunner. It is outfitted with an equally minty full Mavic SSC group. I think this bike is from 1992, but am not entirely sure of it. The serial number is 1395 on the underside of the BB shell, which places it in the range of 1991-1993 (but it has the pre '93 decals, so my best guess is 1992).

Very progressive design on this bike with the sloping top tube. The steel tubeset (likely Columbus) and sloping frame design make this a pretty incredible ride. Cast Ibis head badge, custom Ibis stem and an original paint-matched Silca pump are present and beautiful.

See this site for more photos: http://s898.photobucket.com/user/5737/l ... t=3&page=1

Measures:
TT: center to center 58.5cm (actual)
ST: center to center 57cm
head tube: 8"

Kit:
Crankset: Mavic SSC 631 "starfish" 175mm
BB: Mavic 610 sealed cartridge
Front derailleur: Mavic SSC 862
Rear derailleur: Mavic SSC 841
Headset: Mavic 305
Calipers: Mavic SSC 451
Brake levers: Mavic SSC 451
Shifters: Mavic SSC 821
Wheelset: Hubs-Mavic SSC 501, Rims-Mavic Reflex SUP (rear) Mavic Open Pro (front)
Freewheel: Sachs Maillard 7 speed
Stem: Ibis custom quill
Bars: Scott Drop In
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Trans Am Ti
Seapost: Bike will come with a different, but equivalent or better, seat post than pictured

Bike is ride ready and will not disappoint. Shipping is $80 to USA 48. International is ok, but will be closer to $175+.

Asking $1099…a pretty killer deal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 11.15.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 11.15.00 AM.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,982
Re: Ibis steel road bike 1992 58.5cm Mavic SSC group MINT

Thank you.
It looks even better in person and the ride quality is amazing.

I will consider selling the frame/fork/post/stem/pump/bottle cages for $900

gorgeous and thankfully way too big for me. My wallet is safe.

thanks joe. that is why I am selling it…always a bit to stretched out. it is a beauty.

andy, i currently have another full Mavic group (except wheelset) that was on the 7-11 merckx I sold a while back (see the old ad for pics of the components). Interested in that? If so, PM me.
thanks

G'day ylwgto (lovely car AND bike, btw!!)...

I'm guessing that you well & truly sold your 'spare' Mavic group set by now, but you never know unless you ask?!! And even if you have sold it, are you PLEASE able to offer me some advice re: how to obtain a pair of 821 shift levers or 440 brake levers, so that I can at least complete my first Mavic group set for my ADR-Agrigel Bottecchia?

Thanks heaps for your time, mate...cheers & best wishes from "Down Under"...Matt.

Back