23" Dawes super galaxy £150 + Trek madone 5.5 56cm £999

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A long standing customer of mine who is having some health issues has asked me to help him sell a couple of his bikes which he now has difficulty riding in order for him to buy a nice upright hybrid which will hopefully fit his needs better. I have not fettled these up in any way, they are just as I have received them.

First up is a cherry red 2007 trek madone 5.5 which is in very good condition indeed, I would hazard a guess that it has not covered more than 4 to 500 miles. The bike is all original spec, with a good clean and polish it will look extremely minty. The bike was bought new via myself with a view to its light weight helping out its owner on the hills etc, unfortunately the riding position turned out to be a bit too punishing for him so after a handful of rides it was put away. Spec is 10 speed dura ace with bonti rl wheels and a bonti carbon chainset.
looking for £1199....NOW REDUCED TO £999

Next is a 23" dawes super galaxy with 531 frame and forks. Im no expert on these but I would guess it is from the mid eighties, I can certainly confirm this if needs be as its owner remembers the day he bought it. Paint is a burnt browny reddish colour. This has not been used for quite a while so will benefit from a service and a good polish, it has been well used over the years but is in nice condition. Included are front and rear rack, full guards, 1 single sided pannier, a well broken in brooks saddle etc.
Looking for £150.......Sold pending payment thanks

As these are not mine I cant really accept a paypal payment on these so would have to work something out with the chap who owns them. I would be happy to post them out on his behalf if a bank transfer or cheque payment was made. Shipping would be £18.99 within mainland UK

I will post some pics up in a wee bit as the missus has come home and I am supposed to have put the washing on...got to run

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 1,195
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,195
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 1,195
Re: 23" Dawes super galaxy and Trek madone 5.5 56cm

Sorry about the crappy pics, i'll try again tomorrow.

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 1,194
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 1,194
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 1,194
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,194

That your bike shop

It's not mine but i'm the general guvnor :D Its just a little corner of the place.

Re: 23" Dawes super galaxy £150 + Trek madone 5.5 56cm £1200

Think I know someone who'll want the Super Galaxy...I'll check and get back to you...

Can you tell me what the tt length is on that Galaxy? Its just what I am looking for but could be a stretch to far sizewise..

I can check in the morning, from memory it is as long as it is tall at 23".
Ta

Is the galaxy still available or has it gone? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back