Please Delete, raleigh road ace

ermatty

Retro Newbie
Raleigh Road Ace 1984?

Here we have a 1980’s Raleigh Road Ace.
The bike is in good condition and rides very well. I have given the bike a full service, fitted new brake and gear cables, new cork bartape and a new selle royal turbo saddle.

The bike is clean and has been well looked after. There are several scuffs/chips over the frame, but this is to be expected as the paintwork is all original.

There is some pitting on the top tube, shown in the pictures. I was tempted to touch this up with some paint, but I am not skilled at this sort of thing and thought I best leave it in case it looked a bit botched! There is also a tiny tiny dent on the top tube near the pitting that you can hardly see. I only noticed it myself the other day!

Nearly all the main components are original, and it has had some nice upgrades such as the Cinelli bar and stem and turbo saddle. Here is a more detailed list:

- Frame: 58cm seattube 57cm toptube full Reynolds 531c tubing Campagnolo dropouts
- Forks: Reynolds 531
- Hubs: Shimano 600
- Rims: Weinmann
- Tyres: Continental supersport
- Headset: Shimano 600
- Stem: Cinelli XE
- Bars: Cinelli Giro Italia
- Levers: Shimano 105
- Brakes: shimano 600
- Seatpost: alloy fluted
- Seat: Selle Italia turbo
- Crankset/bb: shimano 600
- Pedals: Look
- Gears/shifters: Shimano 600

I am looking for £400 for it. Can take payment many different ways. Will box up carefully and post for £30 extra.

I live between Bristol and Taunton so can arrange to meet at either of the two.
Any questions please message me, or you can get hold of me on 07532009367 (Matt)

FOR MORE PHOTOS see the flickr link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/72475611@N03/
Thanks!

10098126595_a8b1e36e4d.jpg

Latest posts

Back