Falcon Westminster Road Bike FOC

allomax

Retro Newbie
I have a Falcon Westminster Road bike which is essentially free to a good home. I bought this bike back in 1986 in Hull, and I used it solidly for about three years. I moved to Derbyshire in '89, and I am ashamed to confess that I stuffed the poor bike in a shed and there it has been since then. I simply cannot bring myself to take this bike to the tip, and chuck it, so I'm hoping that someone will want it to do it up as a project, or break it down for parts.

Unfortunately, I'm no expert on bikes, so I can only say that it's condition must be poor as it's been in a shed for 24 years, although it largely appears to be alloy. The chain, tyres and wheels look rusty, therefore knackered. I've attached photos as aids.

Also, I can't even tell you how large the frame is, but all I can tell you, is that I'm 6' 1" and as I remember, it seemed to fit me ok. Message me if you have any specific questions.

All I would ask is that people will come and collect. Unfortunately I cannot/will not deliver. I'm located in NE Derbyshire.

Attachments

• IMGP1511_c.jpg
    IMGP1511_c.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,383
  • IMGP1512_c.jpg
    IMGP1512_c.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,380
  • IMGP1513_c.jpg
    IMGP1513_c.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,379
  • IMGP1514_c.jpg
    IMGP1514_c.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,378
  • IMGP1515_c.jpg
    IMGP1515_c.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,381
I'm too far away but these are nicely built bikes (Reynolds 531) that scrub up very well. Here's one I tidied up for L'Eroica this year. The 'donor' bike cost £35 so I was robbed - relatively speaking! Ford Monza Blue (spray cans from Halfords) made it pretty. If I were local to Derby, I'd gladly pick it up as a winter project. Good luck...

Attachments

• NewLook1.jpg
    NewLook1.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 1,209
Just to let everyone know that Zhang has took this bike off my hands. Thanks to everyone who showed interest.

Regards,

Latest posts

Back