Romany 80's touring bike for sale 24 1/2" frame

bennylux12

Retro Newbie
Romany touring bicycle for sale high spec eg Deore XT; dates from the mid 80's, buyer to collect north London

Price 160 pounds

Spec :
Size : 61cm centre to centre top tube length 56cm , braze on sfor rear brake hanger , cantilevers, down tube bottle cage , rear mech and I think the ends/drops are Campag with the adjustable threads on the rear . has a sticker with the shops name who supplied it in Amersham

Dates I think from about 1986 an

Built from 531 ST ( Super Tourist) colour gun metal grey with

Gearing, and brakes are all Derore XT ( Shimano). Triple chain set Shimano 48/38/28 with Biopace gold annodised rings.Brakes are wide profile Shimano cantilevers so work well with the bars
Pedals older rubber ones with reflector. Down tube shift levers are Shimano RX 100 with index and friction options

Bars : Cinelli mod 64 -40 Giro De Italia with a 110mm alloy Cinelli 1A stem with Shimano levers+ hoods and black grab on tape .

Headset Shimano 105 black

Wheels Shimano XT small flange with correct rubber covered q/r skewers. Rear is a freehub with wide ratio 6 speed block
36/36 on alloy rims (not sure of make ). Newish Marathon tyres 700c x 28

Seat pin: micro adjusting black fluted 27.2mm

Saddle a B17 standard an old model with saddle bag loops within the leather ,someones treasured saddle as it has been repaired.

With a rear blackburn 4 pin rack , red annodised bottle cage on down tube , chromoplastic mudguards .

Condition: In full working order ie ride away. all parts are working fine and there is little evidence of wear on the drive chain for example or brake blocks . There is however surface rust on parts of the frame but this should clean up OK. I would say all parts are original except the pedals and the down tube levers & saddle which is far older than the bike. Lever hoods are good .

For images please email griffith531@hotmail.com

Back