1980's Dawes Imperial Must see totally original REDUCED £240

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
it is with some reluctance i am offering this fantastic Dawes Imperial in amazing condition , words do not do it justice it needs to be seen by the naked eye to truly appreciate the condition of this bike .

23" or 58.5cm from centre of crank to centre of seat pinch bolt sized frame hand made with Reynolds 531 butted tubes stays and full chrome forks that sparkle like big stars , finished in sky blue paintwork with black luglining .

12 speed suntour equipped gear system with cyclome m-II changers and power shiftter levers . Super custom crank with 170mm arms fitted with Shimano sp200al pedals and Christophe toe cages with leather straps .

Weinmann 605 calipers with quick release and guides operated by new Shimao 600 aero style levers.

original 36 hole polished alloy rims (no makers name visable) are laced to Campag small flange hubs with quick release levers and new 700 x 23 Gatorskins .

at the begining of this year previous owner had the following new parts fitted , tyres,brake levers, bars & 40 mm short reach stem, specialized Sonama saddle and campag twin bolt seat post and new chain to ready it for this summer , but sadly it has sat unused , i have ridden it for all of 5 miles and no more as i didnt want it to get marked or damaged !

it has spent all of its life sat very rarely used on a turbo trainer and at some point previous owner felt the urge to touch up around the bottom bracket with a slightly differant shade of paint due to original paint discolouring apart frpm that and a couple of small marks seeing is believing .

as for price no real idea but would like to see offers around the £300 area ,NOW REDUCED AND WOULD ACCEPT £275

collection from Wellingborough nn8 postcode or can be posted for an extra £21.50

more images are on my flick r account http://www.flickr.com/photos/68734341@N04/

also listed on cycle chat

Attachments

• imp1.JPG
    imp1.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,299
  • imp2.JPG
    imp2.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 2,296
Re: 1980's Dawes Imperial

bit of a bump and have also managed to get a couple of bike boxes this morning so postage shouldnt be an issue

Re: 1980's Dawes Imperial Must see totally original

this is back up for sale due to previous buyers change of circumstances

Re: 1980's Dawes Imperial Must see totally original REDUCED

come on guys this glorious machine is crying out for a new owner and home

No offence. But I've seen this bike advertised just about everywhere over the last few months. You've had no takers and its a nice looking bike so the only problem must be the price. My valuation would be £230-250. I think you would shift it at that price point. Pity it wasn't a Galaxy or you'd have sold it ten times over by now ;)

Grease Monkey":wfemy016 said:
No offence. But I've seen this bike advertised just about everywhere over the last few months. You've had no takers and its a nice looking bike so the only problem must be the price. My valuation would be £230-250. I think you would shift it at that price point. Pity it wasn't a Galaxy or you'd have sold it ten times over by now ;)

fair enough comment so reduced to £240 to clear snap my hand off

Latest posts

Back