Vitus 787 Cross Bike *NOW SOLD*

Theoldfm

rBotM Winner
I have decided to cut down part of my retro fleet and the first to go will be my old Cyclo cross bike.

The frame is an early 1980's Vitus Cross Frame fitted with Alan forks for better mud clearance. The frame is 56cm centre to centre or 58cm centre to top.

The chainset and front mech are both Campagnolo with the rest of the bike being mainly Shimano - 105 STI's, Deore LX rear mech, XT canti's, 600 headset etc.

It has Cinelli Bars and Stem and nearly new Mavic Wheels.

I am looking for around £375 (excluding pedals) but may look to split if necessary.

Cheers

Andrew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 1,893
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 1,893
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,893
Re: Vitus 979 Cross Bike

Are these frames are as prone to bonding issues as the 979 Dural frames?

47p2":qja8up7u said:
Are these frames are as prone to bonding issues as the 979 Dural frames?

Thanks for the positive comment... :?

This frame is over 20 years old and it certainly hasn't had any such issues - it's pretty much bomb proof!

I raced this bike for about 10 years and for the last few, it has been my second bike, just sitting there in the pits waiting for me to puncture!

I wasn't meaning to put a downer on your advert, merely asking.

If it was a couple of cm smaller I would have been interested

47p2":2u8m7tlx said:
I wasn't meaning to put a downer on your advert, merely asking.

If it was a couple of cm smaller I would have been interested

:D

Hello this looks very interesting, have you sold it yet as I have been thinking about a x bike.

Cheers, Mark.

Stunning, my lady had one of these in purple (same exact tyres in fact!) was so beautiful and went like a rocket! However, hers was a 787 - is this not also a 787?

Back