FS- Rotrax 501 beater project SOLD

neuroportal

Retro Guru
Bit of the ultimate pub bike, once it has brakes, or a project for someone. Make no mistake, this is NOT in good condition. Let us just say "Patina" (rust) and leave it there. You can still see the original lug lining though. :)

A 501 Rotrax (interestingly has stamped steel dropouts), Designed for 27" wheels, but built, according to the original owner, in the early 80s.
I stuck on a 600 crank (one of the threads is half gone in the crank, right one, I think, but still able to use extractor on it fine.
Wheels are 700c Mavic rims on 6200 series hubs, solid axle in rear. Miche seatpost, XO saddle.
Some old Campy Pedals are fitted, crhome is a more than a little worse for wear and needs grease that is less than 30 years old in there but feel smooth. Christophe toeclips.

Shimano 600 brake levers with incorrect hoods. 3T bars and stem.

st 60cm c-t

Im feeling incredibly generous - so if you are thinking of buying this to use/do up then you can have it for £50 if you pick it up. If you are buying it to break and sell the bits then you can have it for a grand.

If you are interested in my HB and pay the full asking price, you can have it for *free*

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/u ... directlink

WP_20130707_005.jpg

Re: FS- Rotrax 501 beater project

2nd dibs if this doesn't go - I live near the Rotrax works, these are classics!

So I have Jaymul first, thought haven't heard from him since I supplied my Postcode.

Wabbit is next, followed by Boggy.

Just to reiterate - I is in Stone, Staffordshire.

The legend so far...
...so as Jaymul fought hie way through the snowy North, he was delayed in the infamous Incendarily pass. So in the nature of all adventurers, I have given him further time to complete his quest. When that time expires, we shall pass the torch on to the next intrepid adventurer. Who knows what the future holds? Well, Future neuroportal does obviously, but present neuroportal has no method of contacting him. So you will have wait also....

If this was in London it would have been bought and collected within an hour I bet!

Back