Shogun Aluminium Series Comp 1996

bwilde

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I've had this bike from new. The frame and campy avanti group set are as purchased. I replaced the old wheels with fulcrum 3s last year but the front one has a dent from hitting a pothole, which Is noticeable when on the front brake. The shifters are second hand mirage. I have some NOS down tube shifters which ill throw in. Brooks sella italia saddle.

Can supply pictures direct to e-mail, having trouble downloading them. Frame is jet black and in decent condition for it's age.

Looking for £250.

Collect from herne hill, London.

Cheers

Barry

Should have also mentioned that the left crank arm is missing, sorry.

Seat tube is 55cm from centre of crank to top of tube.
Top tube is 57cm centre to centre.

And here are the photos finally.

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,350
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    17 KB · Views: 1,348
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,348
is the avanti gruppo from the eight speed era? Nice frame btw : ) those fulcrums look sweet fitted.

Cheers. Yeah it's an 8 speed. Slightly tough going on the South Downs so I purchased a new rear cassette with a 28 big ring but didn't get round to fitting so will throw that in.

I got the LBS to fit it, just purchased campag compatible rear wheel. Seem to remember they had to order a special locking nut or something to fit it. I don't know why.

I really don't want to waste your time (I'm not British, you see, live in eastern europe...) as I'M unfortunately unable to buy this beauty, but..

If you happen to come around that bikestore, would you do the favour of asking what type of lockring they needed? My guess is that they fitted the cassette then utilised a standard 10spd lockring, right?

thanks. : )

Back