1997(ish?) Ritchey Swiss Cross 56cm $1500

1SpeedD

Retro Newbie
Ok, so I'm bummed to have to do this, but recent back surgery means bills need to be paid and riding priorities need to be shifted.

So, I'm selling my circa 1997 Ritchey Swiss Cross. 56cm, center-to-center, or 58.5cm center to top. Top tube is 56cm, center-to-center.

The bike wasn't extremely well taken care of when I bought it, lots of careless chips and scratches. I made sure no new ones were made on my watch. I tried to take pictures of the main ones on the head tube/top tube. It also had a super random spattering of components like Avid Single Digit 3 short brake calipers, random steel road bars, mismatched Shimano wheels.

Components:

-Frame/Fork: Original Ritchey Swiss Cross
-Wheels: Rolf Vector Comp
-Tires: Continental Cyclocross race 700x35
-Front/Rear Brake: Paul Components Touring Canti's + Paul Comp front cable hanger
-Headset: Chris King 2Nut (Original Ritchey one was beat, and super notched, but I'll include it as well)
-Stem: Older 90mm Cinelli (7mm top bolt) (I also have the Ritchey stem that came with the bike)
-Bars: Salsa Bell Lap 42cm
-Cranks: Ritchey Logic w/Surly Stainless ring (I have original double chainrings as well)
-BB: Original Stock Ritchey (it's pretty beat)
-Cassette: Shimano 9 speed
-Rear Der: Older Ultegra
-Shifters/Brake Levers: Older Ultegra (the rear shifter is on it's way out)
-Seatpost: Original Ritchey

I know this bike is showing a lot of signs of wear with the components and all that, but the frame is rock solid. No dents or anything like that. The bike rides smoother than I ever thought steel could, and eats up trails like nobody's business. I guess it rides roads nicely too, but it really excels at smoothing bumps out on the dirt.

Let me know if you have any questions about anything regarding the bike. I'm selling it as is because I have no reason to keep any of the components on it. Keep them, sell them, whatever. Anyways, I can provide more pictures, measurements, history (all that I know at least).

I'm asking $1500 plus shipping. International buyers welcome.

Bike is currently located in Boise, ID, U.S.A.

Link to Photobucket Album: http://s48.photobucket.com/user/darinba ... amp;page=1

Ok, so it doesn't really seem than anyone here cares, but if someone actually does, I updated the bike spec. It is now running the original double chainrings instead of the surly 1x9 setup. Pictures have been updated on Photobucket.

As always, feel free to comment or ask me any questions you may have!

1SpeedD":13i5z4wn said:
Ok, so it doesn't really seem than anyone here cares

I would not say that no one cares, this is the for sale section so you just have not found a buyer. Being located in the US, as I am, can be a hurdle because most RB users are in the UK. Also I think many people may like your bike but don't have the cash.

Steven

Someone has to care, I'm sure. There has just been unusually low interest all-round with this bike.

Anyways, I will pay half of shipping, up to $100 for anything going out of the U.S., if it sells for my asking price. This only goes for other Retrobike users.

For anyone not looking to pay that, I have it listed on eBay right now, bids starting at $1250. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300927246430?ss ... 1555.l2649

As always, please don't hesitate to ask any questions!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back