1985 Raleigh Richmond 531 for sale

tonyq

Retro Newbie
I bought this bike 3 weeks ago from a guy that had owned it from new. He has really looked after it and it is stunning for it's age...everything on it is original. Hard to believe it's nearly 30 years old....no rust, nothing. It's a big bike, 27 inch frame and wheels he told me...so you have to be at least
5' 10" tall to ride it I'd say.
Like me, he's getting old and wasn't up to riding it any longer. I thought it would be a great way of keeping fit.
I went out on it and it rides beautifully but the next day I was in agony all over. I have ridden it twice since with the same result.
I just have to accept I'm an old man now (I'm 64).....Used to ride from London to Southend and back on my old Claud Butler in the 60's no problem. Wish I still had that body.
Anyway, I paid £120 for it and just want my money back. I live in Clacton on Sea...I can always send it to you by courier if you can't collect it....you'd have to pay of course.
I have put one pic on but if you want more I can email you them.

Tony

Attachments

• raleigh.JPG
    raleigh.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,233
Due to somebody from this forum wasting my time for over a month this bike is now for sale again.
I'll take £85.

I have to say that is a serious bargain if you can pick it up. A 531 frame in as good condition as that is worth the asking price alone! Shame I am in North Yorkshire....

Back