[USA] Mid-80's Merckx Corsa, 55cm, 1st gen Chorus - clean!

dookie

Kona Fan
Eddy Merckx Corsa: s/n translates to '86-'87 and Chorus began in '87, so somewhere in there. Frame is SL, 55 ST x 55.5 TT (c-t-c), 126mm spacing, and in ridiculously nice shape internally. Lemon yellow w/black. Chrome is nearly perfect, decals (save the SL) are clean, but the paint has some nicks...worst under the seat-cluster from a frame-mount pump, some discoloration at TT cable guides (not rust...brazing side-effect?), most (clumsily) touched up & no rust, looks fine from 5ft. Gold border on the downtube decal is *hot*. Please see the pics.

1st gen Chorus: monoplanar calipers, brake levers, DT shifters (Syncro 1, 6s), crankset (170, 52/42), hubs (126mm freewheel), headset (possibly Record...drilled), BB (70-SS), seatpost. Cinelli Solido ergo bars (minor clamp marks from aero bars) w/Salsa steel stem, bad-ass old-school chrome-steel rail Concor saddle (w/scuff on top of nose), and some bomber wheels: 36h Mavic MA3 clinchers w/14g, Regina Extra 13-23 6s, Vittoria Open Corsa rubber (new 23mm front, just starting to square 25mm rear). No pedals.

OCD overhaul (like disassembled calipers) and clean, clean, clean. Phil + Campy = cup/cone butter! Crankset is gorgeous, derailleurs barely less, minor brake lever scratches w/worn (but original!) hoods, bit of anodization clouding on the DTs, hubs & post could stand a polish...worst is finish corrosion on some of the brake hardware. Wheels trued but not tensioned...rear has taken a a hit and has a very slight flat spot and straightened sidewall. In my (formerly professional) opinion, no concern...it can't be felt riding or braking and there are no signs of stress. Cables left a little long & bars untaped (new tape included) so the next owner can dial it in.

Pics: http://middlepath.gotdns.com/bikes/for_sale/corsa/

US$1100 net + actual shipping (to include equally OCD packging). Yes, I'm in the US and overseas shipping will be very pricey.

fork_crown.jpg

Re: [USA] Mid-80's Merckx Corsa, 55cm, 1st gen Chorus - clea

That's just shy of £1100 including UPS and import duty to UK I reckon...

Back