Gents rod brake bike

nigetee

Retro Newbie
Fellow retro users:

I have for sale a Gents Delivery Bike

Spec as follows:

Gloss black 23” frame
Raleigh stainless 26x1/3/8 wheels.
Rear hub is sturmey archer 3 speed dyno hub. Gears all work as does the dyno.
Front and rear dynamo lights in working order.
All chrome work is reproduction original or modern equivalent.
Front and rear rod brakes
Raleigh 44t front chainring
Rear 18t sprocket
Gloss black mudguards with red and gold pinstripe
Brown leather Electra sprung saddle (black reproduction sprung saddle available)
Raleigh whitewall tyres
Pump and original mounting clips included

I found this bike in a builders yard 5 years ago. Looking beyond use. Once i got it home, i quickly decided the only thing worth keeping was the frame and forks. I stripped the bike. repainted the frame and then sourced the finishing kit from online and local bike shops.

The bike is in near mint condition. It has got a few marks on it as i have moved twice last year and the removal men werent sympathetic to the cause.
the sturmey archer shifter is missing its badge, but otherwise it all works. even the dyno works. (i had to modify it as one of the lugs was missing.)

It was intended that i keep it and use it for cruising around on, but those opportunities are few and far between and my 3! other bikes get priority. I have also had to start the "one in one out" policy. And currently need to out 2 if i was to get something else.

So.

I'm looking for £175.00 plus delivery (approx£25 couriered). But am open to offers.
Bike is in north devon.

Please look here for pics:
http://s585.photobucket.com/user/nigelt ... 2978742563

thanks

Nige

Attachments

• P1010049a.jpg
    P1010049a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 587
thanks for looking, anyone got any comments, or suggestions? i've tried the bay of e and nothing. no demand for it locally either.

If you think the price is too high, then let me know. i want to be realistic.

Cheers

Nige

Thanks for the link. Will check it out. The frame is quite large. I'm 5.9 and it was a suprise getting on it when i first finished it.

Cheers

Back