rare retro klein road bike with ruby rock shocks

Hi,

This was sold on eBay but I had a time waster not come and collect or pay for it. Not sure on a price I have been told the value is in the frame and forks. I was hoping to get 375 - 400 but I am open to offers. You guys know its value better than me.

Bit of info: ( Bike Forums)

..."Your bike was third in the Klein road lineup behind the Quantum Pro and the Quantum Race. Both those models used Klein Gradient Aluminum for both the main tubes and rear triangle, whereas that Stage Comp R used all Klein Power Tubing, which I believe would make the bike slightly less stiff than the other two, as well as a little bit heavier, and less stiff than my Stage Comp in the rear triangle. The fork should be an Icon Carbon classic which was another one of Trek's house brands---probably identical to the Road OCLV fork on my Stage Comp..."

Bit of a cheepo group set and MTB forks, but it is a Klein...hope you find an appreciative buyer! :D

I've always loved the look of Klein bikes in whatever form they present. I nearly bought a Mantra full sus back in '98 but opted for a Mount Vision instead. I must admit seeing a calliper brake on the bridge of a suspension fork is a first for me!

bikenut2010":3vkbcjdk said:

Bit of a cheepo group set and MTB forks, but it is a Klein...hope you find an appreciative buyer! :D

MTB forks. I think not. These were made especially, and used by several pro teams for the spring classics ie Paris-Roubaix. Whichever team rode Cannondale at the time (I think it was Saeco) used a specific Headshok.

Chris D":vcvalvxz said:
bikenut2010":vcvalvxz said:

MTB forks. I think not. These were made especially, and used by several pro teams for the spring classics ie Paris-Roubaix. Whichever team rode Cannondale at the time (I think it was Saeco) used a specific Headshok.
Ah thanks for that... :oops: never seen it before...

bikenut2010":cgde7qgf said:
Chris D":cgde7qgf said:
bikenut2010":cgde7qgf said:

Ah thanks for that... :oops: never seen it before...

Sorry. Was not meant to make you feel like that. Just did not want to see the guy miss out on a sale because people got the wrong idea.

Back