1984 Holdsworth Elan for sale or swap for decent air rifle!!

ttfun

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I have decided to sell my beautiful and pristine 1984 Holdsworth Elan. It owes me about £1200, £600 of which was the complete rebuild and respray at Argos cycles in Bristol. The rest was new old stock parts and the seat upholstery.

It's been a year or two since the build but the bike has been sitting on it's stand since I got it. I'd say I've done an honest 80 miles on it since that restoration. It is totally a showroom quality bike which really needs someone to ride it rather than look at it. I can't recall the frame size but I am 5ft 11.5 and it fits me great.

My original build thread is here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=952736#952736

You simply will not find a better version of this bike, period!! If you want it, I'm asking just the £600. No offers or reductions and if you want the quality work stand it's on, then that's yours for £50. Which is half of it's cost as well. :)

I have the old parts I took off the bike and will include pump, cycle computer, lights, spare inner tubes, helmet.

This is a space driven only decision, as believe me I'd buy this again for that money and keep it if I could. :) PM me if you are interested in buying. Most questions should be answered on the build thread, If you want to ask anything else let me know.

I'm not going to ship this and I'm not letting it go until I have the money in my hand. That means collection and payment in person. I've not got any yearn to solve someones credit/financial issues by wiring credit union or dealing with odd delivery issues, if you catch my drift.

Thanks,

Paul.

Re: 1984 Holdsworth Elan nut and bolt restore for sale

By the way that blue stand is not the work stand I have it on now. It's a proper stand that holds the bike off the floor under the top bar.

Cheers

Paul.

The frame size is 23"

I also had a question about the chain, rear cassette and front cog rings.

All are unworn, being completely new. They are the original parts, bought as "new, old stock" sourced from around the world.

The bottom bracket was replaced in the same manner, so it's the original cup style with bearings rather than a sealed cassette unit.

You'll be the envy of steel framed period bike owners as you ride around!

:oops: I had forgotten how to measure a frame. After some Internet searching I found the right way to do it. :oops:

From the top of the tube to the center of the bottom bracket is actually 24"

So it's a 24" frame

Apologies.

Paul.

You mention collection in person but unless I've missed it, you don't mention where you are?

As you can tell I'm not good at selling things I don't really want to let go of :)

I'm between Reading and Basingstoke.

Cheers

Paul

Back