Reynolds 531 Ex-Race Bike

TimKodd

Dirt Disciple
After using this bike for a year, the time has come to pass it on to someone else. If I was keeping the bike, I'd treat it to a full repaint and highlight the beautiful lugs.

index.php

The paint is pretty tired as the last owner painted it with a rattle can and dressed it up as a Cannondale... there are various chips and marks on the paint but no dents on the tubing. It comes pretty well specced with full Shimano 105, apart from Exage brake levers, a Campagnolo front mech and Campagnolo Veloce chainset. The rims are Mavic, the stem is from Cinelli and the handle bars are the sort after Giro D'Italia Cinelli drop bars. The headset and bottom bracket are both in good condition, along with the tyres. All I've ever needed to do to it is clean it.

I believe this frame may have been built by Paul Donohue after researching, but I do not have the time to look any further into identifying the frame. There are a few makers marks on the bottom bracket, one reads 415, I can't quite work out what the others are.

In all this bike rides really nicely and has been a joy to commute on. It may not look slick but with a repaint it would look top draw.

More photos here: http://www.tomkidd.com/bike/

I know the bike is worth more in bits as there is some decent stuff on it but I can't be bothered stripping it

I'd be happy with £180 for it or be interested in what people think it is worth, whether its too expensive or ok?

The bike is situated in Preston Lancashire, free pickup or I can arrange delivery for £25

Cheers

This is now sold pending collection on Saturday.

For anyone interested it is a 22.5" frame.

Thanks for your interest.

Back