Raleigh Road Ace - SOLD!!

TheDuffman

Retro Newbie
Here is my Raleigh Road Ace which I bought a couple of years back. In all honesty I've just not used it as much as I planned so I need to make space in the garage. I don't know what year it is but from reading other threads I'm guessing it's either very late 1980s or early 90s? I'll remember and get the frame number! The frame and forks are Reynolds 531c. There are a couple of cosmetic scratches mainly on the forks and at the top near the seat post, and very slight rust at the top of the seat stays.

Frame measurements are;
57cm (22.5inch) along top tube,
61cm (24inch) seat post (centre of BB to top of seat post)
64cm (25inch) down tube.

Components look to be Shimano 600 throughout;
Brake levers and callipers, crankset, chainring, pedals, front mech, rear mech, headset, SIS gear shift levers.
Chainrings are 42 and 52 teeth. Sprockets are 13 – 21 teeth across the 6 cogs. They work fine but would benefit from a degrease.

The saddle is Tornado and looks to be original with a few scuffs on it. Seatpost is Kalloy. Handlebars and stem look to be no-name originals but grip tape is in good condition and comfy.

The wheels don't match front to rear - I don't know why as it was like this when I bought it! The tyres are Michelin Hi-Sport Select Kevlar 700x25c both front and rear and are in good condition - they could have been new when I bought the bike.
Front wheel; Sachs-Mallard hub and skewer, rim is Alesa 414 alloy (622x14 700c)
Rear wheel; Shimano skewer through aSachs hub, rim is Rigida alloy AS23X (622x16, 700c)

I think that's about as much as I can tell you but if anyone wants further measurements or photos then please let me know. I'm looking to get £250 for the bike which I think is a good price. I'd prefer buyer to collect but as I'm in Stirling, Scotland I realise this might not be easy! Delivery would be in addition to the sale price. If you've any questions then please message me.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Attachments

• RoadAce1.jpg
    RoadAce1.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 1,216
  • RoadAce2.jpg
    RoadAce2.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 1,216
  • RoadAce3.jpg
    RoadAce3.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 1,216
  • RoadAce4.jpg
    RoadAce4.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 1,216
Re: Raleigh Road Ace

Hi Laurence,

I'm 6' 6" but note that I've got the seat all the way up! I've taken some more measurements which might be helpful;

Floor to middle of bottom bracket; 10 3/4 inch (just under 27cm)

Pedal to top of seat post; 31 1/2 inch (80cm) This is roughly your leg measurement at full extension, bottom of the pedal stroke.
Floor to top of crossbar/top tube; 34 1/2 inch (87.5cm) I call this your "straddle height" !

Floor to drop handlebar; 32inch (81cm)
Floor to top of handlebar; 38 1/2inch (98cm)

If you need any more measurements or photos then please let me know.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Try giving measurements based on the points shown below - principally ST and TT.

road_drawing.jpg

Good luck with your sale.

Thanks GasPipeWarrior. I've already provided the ST and TT measurements in my original advert - the measurements provided in the post above were in addition to this.

Cheers,
Adrian.

Back