Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:49 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:16 pm 

Hi There
I am selling this bike on behalf of a grandparent (you might have guessed!!) it is a really nice bike in really good condition. Not quite sure what year it is but I know it is very old and very original. It was custom built out of steel for my grandpa in England by hand and it still has the original pump and instruction manual. Its had a full service and is in perfect working order.

Any questions please to email me, there are photos on my page on pink bike:- http://www.pinkbike.com/u/hamishbarbour ... -Original/

I would also consider swap for a more modern road or cross country bike too

Cheers Hamish

Last edited by hamish_barbour on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hamish - whats the frame size? whats the price? - lovely bike - cheers Bill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm 
Retro Guru

that looks like a pashley that i have, but in far better condition, maybe not as old as you think though.
frame number will point to age and you are gonna have to put a price up as per rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 pm 

Hi Bill
Not sure what the frame size is exactly I can get that for you tomorrow, it's very big however as it was made to fit a person who is 6'4"

I'm not to sure for a price as I haven't seen a lot about however I know it's a very high quality bike as I do a lot of mountain biking. It's quite unusual in the way the frame is put together as it is butted ( fusing two pipes together with lots of force) rather than welded which will add some value too. So if you let me know what you would pay for it and I will get back to you

Hamish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 pm 
Dirt Disciple

hamish_barbour wrote:
Hi Bill
Not sure what the frame size is exactly I can get that for you tomorrow, it's very big however as it was made to fit a person who is 6'4"

I'm not to sure for a price as I haven't seen a lot about however I know it's a very high quality bike as I do a lot of mountain biking. It's quite unusual in the way the frame is put together as it is butted ( fusing two pipes together with lots of force) rather than welded which will add some value too. So if you let me know what you would pay for it and I will get back to you

Hamish

Retrobike rules - you must give us a price otherwise your ad will removed so please how much do you want for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 pm 
Retro Guru

the sturmney hub will have a date stamp on it to age the bike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:55 pm 

Ok thanks will have a look and update that tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 am 

Right so the bike is 18 years old making it 1995 it was made. I haven't had a chance to measure the frame today but it is around 22 - 28 inch I will get an exact measurement tomorrow

Last bumped by hamish_barbour on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 am.