Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I have just had this resprayed by C&G, Liverpool, in a lovely metallic poly blue. So FRAME condition is now immaculate, no dents, dings etc.

The frame is made with Haden long-point cut-out lugs, and I've had the lugs gold-lined, and proper transfers fitted.

23" (57cm) centre-to-centre for both seat tube and top tube. Wheelbase, approx 102cm.

It is a touring version, with mudguard eyes, and pump stops, horizontal drop-outs. Made in 1980, frame number 71.

The price is for Frame and all the bits that went up to make it into a complete bike, before the frame respray.

The components are mostly old-style Shimano 600 (which, in my view, is not much cop, although it all works OK). Before I had this sprayed I rode up and down the road, and it is really rather nice to ride.

Shimano 600 chainset
Shimano 600 rear gear
Shimano 600 down-tube, indexed gear levers
Poor quality Shimano front gear and rubbish pedals
Shimano 600 brakes and drilled levers (although no hoods - these had perished in storage)
SR deep drop bars
SR fluted quill stem
Seatpost - unknown
Saddle - actually quite comfortable, despite appearance!

Wheels with tyres - bearings and block and chain run smoothly, front wheel is Campag hub (Tipo?) on Mavic MA40, Rear is a Shimano RX100 on Vuelta, these are tarnished; they run OK, but are worthy of replacing longer term.

Surplus to my requirements - I can't justify keeping this, much as I'd like to. I understand £600 is a substantial sum to hit anyone's budget all at once, so happy to negotiate a spread of the cost.

Please contact richardcary3@aol.com for photos, or to arrange viewing.