Raleigh Randonnneur 531st

Deketh

Retro Newbie
Reposting this, because the original is in the components forum for some reason.

Ok, so I rescued this from a friend who has not looked after it at all. Unfortunately, as you'll see from the pictures, it's not in great condition in terms of wear to the frame. There are no dents or scratches. I've relaid some decent bar tape and put on plugs, ferrules and made the brakes work again but a full restoration is not something I want to do, so I'm selling.

It's a Raleigh Randonneur, handbuilt in England, a Reynolds 531 super tourist frame around 53cm. Has Mavic wheels, Shimano deore gearing and 105 brake levers with frame mounted shifters and a Biospace triple chainset. Also has a Brooks saddle. It's not been well looked after, some rusted patches on the forks where paint has come off and a few patches on the frame. Rideable condition but needs a restoration. Still has spare spokes on one of the stays.

Given that this is a fairly rare bike, and that any buyer is likely to be restoring, I would like £150 for this. Item is in Bristol, pick up would be preferred.

Excuse the picture quality, my camera is awful.

That's nice and seems a reasonable price for a complete bike. If I were looking for another bike to restore I would be interested. Unfortunately I already have two in the workshop on the go and another modern bike that I never seem to ride now I am into older bikes!

GLWTS

Captain Vimes":30yrujc2 said:
That's nice and seems a reasonable price for a complete bike. If I were looking for another bike to restore I would be interested. Unfortunately I already have two in the workshop on the go and another modern bike that I never seem to ride now I am into older bikes!

GLWTS

No problem, thanks!

which measurement is 53cm?
If it's seat tube, and if it's ctc, than I think it's just what I'm after.

Joe War":pkvc2gbf said:
which measurement is 53cm?
If it's seat tube, and if it's ctc, than I think it's just what I'm after.

Yep, seat tube centre to centre. Interested?

Possibly; bit of an impulse moment happening here!
What length is the top tube ctc?
Also maybe a close up of the rust on the fork? Or just an idea of how much it's likely to have sunk in.

Would be up for selling just the frame?

Sorry, 20 questions...

Joe War":1n049gub said:
Possibly; bit of an impulse moment happening here!
What length is the top tube ctc?
Also maybe a close up of the rust on the fork? Or just an idea of how much it's likely to have sunk in.

Would be up for selling just the frame?

Sorry, 20 questions...

Top tube is 56cm centre to centre. Looks like its just surface rust, but there are a few patches of it. I'd rather sell the whole thing - I'm moving shortly and won't have space for it so ideally I want to sell it all. I could sell just the frame, but since I have no idea what I'd do with the rest it'd have to be for the same price.

Sorry, should mention, just to be up front about this - I sent Joe War a link to the thread cos I knew he was after something like this. But on second thoughts realise I could definitely use the other bits he doesn't want. Friends in Bristol for pick up too.

Back