1986 Geoff Wiles 531c Complete 105 Group very near MINT £450

Ulysses

Retro Newbie
This bike is in simply outstanding condition and is completely all original.
It has been parked in a dry shed for the last 20 years without being touched, and has been ridden less than 100 miles in its life, none of which were in winter/rain.

The components are all beautiful, listed below, any blemishes are highlighted, otherwise assume mint condition.

If you went over this bike with cotton buds and WD-40, to remove the inevitable dust which has stuck to most greased parts, very little would indicate that it was not a brand new bike.

lovely hand brazed 531c frame, with no dents, dings, and not even a single stone chip that I can find.

This bike was lovingly and made to order in Kent, and cost a small fortune when new (which looks like it could have been a couple of weeks ago!)

The spokes gleam like new, the indexing clicks up and down the cassette like new, and the bike feels tight and rides... well, like new.

Even the bl**dy tyres are original (and hold air well over a week)!

I want £450, but am open to offers

Spec:

531c hand made frame in lovely powder blue paint, completely unmolested.

Rigida tubular rims. - Front - Mint. Rear VERY slight block wear only on RHS (pictured)

Shimano 105 SLR Brake set - original pads, mint condition
Shimano 105 SLR Brake levers - one VERY mild scuff on LHS lever, otherwise mint, - lever hoods have unfortunately gathered some embedded dirt.
Shimano 105 Hubset - Mint - Rolls smoooooth
Shimano 105 Headset - a little bit of caked on grease, but otherwise mint
Shimano 105 Pedals - never dropped - near mint
Shimano 105 Downtube SIS indexed shifters - mint
Shimano 105 Front mech - Hardly any chain wear whatsoever - near mint.
Shimano 105 Rear mech - Mint
Shimano 105 Crankset - "105" has rubbed off from toe strap incursion on LHS only - otherwise mint.
Shimano 105 Chainrings in outstanding condition
Shimano 105 Bottom bracket - I took this apart and re-greased - it looks new
Shimano 105 6 speed Freewheel - runs like new, very clean, correctly set up for indexing, runs beautifully

Kalloy seatpost - Moves freely, has no "zigzag" scratching.

Iscaselle Targa white saddle - slight marking, very rare, and a bit "bling" with gold coated underside and rails, looking very good

SR "World Champion bars - letting the side down slightly - these have been adjusted at some point and show slight "zig zag" scratching on underside, very mild - this is the only clue that anything on the bike has ever been moved from it's original position.

Parted out this bike would be worth at least £450, since the complete 105 groupset, is in really unbelievable good condition, so I do not think this is an unreasonable price.

It seems a crime to be the first one to disassemble a bike that is in such outstanding condition to strip it for parts. As I mention - nobody has even changed the tyres in this bike's 25 year history.

It looks like it came out of it's box last week.

All Photos Here (inc Hi-Res): http://imgur.com/a/f9reA

vR5yW.jpg

I worked for Geoff for a while....

One essential detail you have missed is the size. Lovely clean bike, beautiful colour :cool:

Are you sure they're tubs? What model are the rims and tyres?

D'oh! Its a 25" (63.5cm)

I stand well and truly corrected. They are indeed clinchers. I ride GP4s, and assumed due to the very similar block surface profile that they were tubs.

In this case, I can also throw in a very nearly new set of conti gatorskins (23s) if someone buys for asking price.

Rigida model number unknown, label reads "AL1320". Perhaps someone on here can provide this info using the labels shown in the imgur album link?

The current (vintage) tyres are Roadtour SE Roadlite 100.

Another reason for assuming tubs is that the sidewalls read "High pressure, inflate to 100psi"

Bumping for price drop - this is also on LFGSS - Is that against the rules?

Will take £350 inc spare headset and (nearly) new set of conti gatorskins to boot.

gowhaaannn!

She's a beaut'!

Back