Brand New KVA Stainless Steel Road Bike & Frame, 54cm &a

Carlos

Old School Hero
I am selling a bike and a frame. I wouldn't normally post something like this on here, but I noticed interest in Stainless Steel on here a while ago, so thought it may be of interest.
I'm asking £2200 for the bike, but will come down for retrobike people as it's served me well in the past. Frame only around £1200.

I'll try to get some better pics if we get any sunshine soon! These pics don't do it any justice at all.

I had these frames built for me to sell last year, but other business interests got in the way and I never got around to promoting them. Now I am finishing up in this business altogether to move on to something else, so these bikes are for sale at a very much reduced price, and an absolute bargain. For those not familiar with stainless steel, the frames alone sell for £2,500 or more, most are £3,000. These particular frames were built in the USA by one of the foremost builders of KVA stainless steel frames (he is now selling his frames for $3,000 USD, plus UK import tax & shipping if you wanted one over here).

The bike built up at the moment is the 58cm, but I also have a 54cm frame, so that can be built up instead, or either frame for sale alone.

Stainless steel is becoming the flagship of many brand's ranges and is being used next year by the new Madison Genesis UK road pro road race team. The metal is harder than regular steel and so the bike rides stiffer and faster, while still giving most of that steel forgiveness. It is a great bike to use all year round, being very tough and very resistant to corrosion. You could even get it painted to toughen it up even more, although that may spoil some of it's beauty! Being stainless, it is obviously very resistant to corrosion, but it benefits from the occasional polish.

The rest of the bike is specced and built by me, and I have many years building very high end bikes for plenty of high profile people, so you can be confident that it is to a high standard.
I have chosen the spec to be entry level, with a view to upgrades. It is a great bike for the winter and all-round at the moment, but plenty of people decide to then use stainless as their main bike, in which case a wheel and groupset upgrade will transform it into a very light, fast, comfortable bike capable of racing if need be.
It looks stunning in bare metal frame, chrome Campag Veloce kit, and I have fitting a few anodized gold parts to really make it stand out in a crowd.
The full spec is as follows:
Wheels: Campag Kamsin
Groupset: full Campag Veloce, compact 172.5 chainset, 12-26 cassette (or similar, can't remember exactly right now)
Forks: Deda carbon
Bars, Stem, Seatpost: KCNC alloy
Saddle: Selle Italia X2 flow
Tyres: Vittoria

Please ask me any questions, I am open to suggestions and possibilities, try me.
Above all, a chance to pick up an amazing bike for a bargain price. I know it's a lot of money, but it's great value!

pics

Attachments

• Photo00722.jpg
    Photo00722.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Photo00732.jpg
    Photo00732.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Photo00742.jpg
    Photo00742.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 1,024
  • Photo00752.jpg
    Photo00752.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 1,024
  • Photo00762.jpg
    Photo00762.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • Photo00772.jpg
    Photo00772.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 1,024
Could you give some more details on geometry please?

Top tube length
Head tube length
Seat and Head angles
Is the seat tube measured c/c or c/top?

Weight of frame unbuilt?

Cheers

Knew I'd forgotten something!
As the storm outside has woken me up, I may as well add these!

The weight is a little over 1800g for the 58 and about 1650g for the 54 (note the geometry says 52, but it's definitely closer to a 54). Not bad for a frame that will last a lifetime!

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 953
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 954
Back