Bilenky "Moonbeam" Tandem with Softride Beam.

David Moore

Retro Newbie
BILENKY “MOONBEAM” TANDEM WITH SOFTRIDE BEAM.

For Sale £1800

This is a unique and exceptional machine from Bilenky Cycle Works in Philadelphia U.S.A.

I bought it five months ago for my wife but it’s a tad to big for her so have decided to let it go. It could be the only one of it’s kind in the U.K. I certainly think there is a strong chance it is. It’s 10 or 11 years old and is in magnificent condition as you can see from the photos.

I checked out it’s pedigree with Bilenky direct and they were most helpful. They even gave me information on where it would be possible to get repairs or replacement parts etc for the “softride beam”. Apparently this is La Selva beach California. I have all the emails and correspondence that a buyer would get with the tandem.

Here is the bike spec; in no particular order.

Campag chorus brakes; Chris King headset; 3ttt stem; Forma SL Ergo Power bars; Carbon BB system Record Titanium levers; Sella Italia Max Flite saddle; Blackburn MTN Rack (not shown); XT skewers; Nitto 66 s/post; Shimano HB-HF 07 Viam Hubs; Sun rim rear and Mavic T217 rim up front; Speciaized transition tyres; Campag Racing Triple Mechs; Rear Drum Brake; Reynolds 531 steel fork; 24 speed; Control Tech Rear Stem; Stronglight Zircal rings and cranks.

The frame is also endorsed with a “Fresh Frame Pro Finish Grade AA Ephrata Penna” logo announcing it’s quality.

This beautiful beast retailed for over Ten Thousand Dollars.

I am happy to answer any questions, through messages. This is a reasonable price (find another one!). The postage price listed is just mainland UK.

Attachments

• our bikes Aug 2012 0142.jpg
    our bikes Aug 2012 0142.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 1,538
Back