Orange Dynamo Road bike, 1 Orange employee owner from new

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i got an email from a friend who works for Orange asking if i could advise where was best to sell this bike, no brainer really, here first, then ebay if there are no takers.

here's the email description he sent me:-

its clean enough, no real damage, paint blemish I’ve lived with but could be resprayed, parts are in good nick, few bits of rust but nowt that cant be cleaned up, seatpost isn't great, it is scratched, pity as its the original stalk logo version in the bigger size, quite rare as everything else was 27.2. Bar tape has been patched but cinelli tape is easy to come by :)

Everything is free, stem moves in steerer, seatpost in seattube and I loosened saddle off just to check that hadn't frozen up. It would only take tyres and a quick service and it’d be ready to use.

Seat tube decals arent correct, I’m not sure what tubing decal a Dynamo got, its got the elite tubing decal on and these were made at the same place as the first Élites but I don’t think its Easton, my guess is the decal is off an e4 which was about time it got resprayed.

Bike is a 92 or 93, I got it when i joined in 94, it was repainted in 98 in the silver base/red we used on X2, paint isnt perfect, small amount of dust under the red on the seat tube so is a bit rough to the touch. Decals are correct other than headtube badge and addition of AAD decal which helps date the respray.

Kit is 105 crank, 600 brakes/st shifters and f/r mech, wheels are Hope ti hubs mavic CXP30's, orginal stalk seatpost but its scratched ritchey saddle, tyres need replacing I threw on an old front to take photos but both have been left too long.

i think it was last ridden in about 98 or 99, I had a D2 I did most of my road miles on so this one got hung in garage unused.

(these frames were made my the A-PRO factory in taiwan, jb666)

----------------

we weren't sure what to ask for it so we're gonna start at £650 complete, there will be no splitting of this bike so please don't ask. i am not sure how payment will be made at the mo, but i would happily vouch for this chap and stake my rep on the forum for him (otherwise i wouldn't offer to do this advert for him)

size i have been told is 53cm

also i should say this bike is not local to me! it's up north somewhere near Orange!!

any more info required please ask and i'll do my best to find out.

here's some pictures

:D

Attachments

• od1.jpg
    od1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 3,119
  • od2.jpg
    od2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,118
  • od3.jpg
    od3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,117
  • od4.jpg
    od4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,119
more :)

Attachments

• od5.jpg
    od5.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 3,114
  • od6.jpg
    od6.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,114
  • od7.jpg
    od7.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 3,114
  • od8.jpg
    od8.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,114
Location?

Hi, where are you based? I'm in Manchester, my housemate is very keen to know more. Ta, it's a beaut!

like i said this is not my bike, i am advertising it for a friend who works for Orange so it's somewhere in the area of Halifax. i know him through the bike trade but i am not sure exactly where he is.

i think he would beable to post, but i'd imagine he'd be happy for a collection aswel.

is there anything else you need to know?

Dynamo

Hi there my friend is keen to get in touch with the seller. To discuss price pick-up location/delivery costs. Thanks

Back