Looking to buy my second road/race bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

willlucas

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Currently in possession of a mid-to-late 80 road bike, complete with heavy steel frame and even heavier steel wheels. After getting more and more into my road cycling I'm looking to move into something much more lightweight, preferably Aluminium framed and from a reputable brand in the 56-60cm size range.

As a student, my budget is circa £200, with some extra for P&P (given the current situation with the UK being in lockdown), so show me what you've got! (as well as any ideas on what I could look into).

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I'm aware this isn't a sales post (so please delete if not allowed)

Re: Lookieng to buy my second road/race bike

e-Bay is okay, but a good source of cheap local bikes is Facebook Marketplace, with your setting and picking local groups ( whereabouts are you?) you should look out for something like a Carrera TDF or B twin Triban for that kind of money, though depending on your size there are occasional gems out there away from 560mm frames.
Good luck!

Re:

I have a giant peleton 8400 with 2x8 shimano 105 / Rx100 gears, would be in your budget, can do some pics if interested.
Cheers

Specialized allez or Cannondale CAAD8 can occasionally be had for around your budget and will be a big step up from what you currently have. They seem to be more common in the larger sizes too. As stated above, ebay or fb marketplace your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back