*SOLD* Alan Super Record 57cm

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View

I have this Alan Super Record for sale. It is 57cm and in very good condition with just a few marks here and there as you would expect from a bike from this era, there's nothing note worthy perhaps maybe the cable rub from the rear brake cable on the top tube. Anyway there are no cracks or dents it is a very good honest frame.

Groupset is Shimano 600EX, 7 speed friction with non aero brake levers, apart from the hubs which are Campagnolo, rims are Mavic MA40, Cinelli 1A stem with Cinelli bars, Miche seatpost and an original Turbo saddle. All of the components are in very good condition, with just general wear and tear and a few minor marks here and there. the rims do have some strange wear marks on the surface but are solid and have plenty of miles left in them.

There are a few new additions; the hoods have been replaced with new Dia-Compe hoods which actually fit very well, it has new Christophe toe clip straps and has been retaped with tape that is sympathetic to the era. It also has a reasonably new chain and Shimano 7 speed freewheel.

The bike rides like a dream, I've always been into old steel but this really was an absolute revelation! It is so smooth, I can definitely understand the appeal.

I'd like £500 or will consider reasonable offers via pm if I'm off with that price. If you need it posted that is an additional £30, otherwise collection from Kent ME11 is more than welcome.

Re: Alan Super Record 57cm

gpovanman":bfvrb2y7 said:
Does this bike have friction shifters or indexed downtube shiters please?

TIA

You could add the 6208 shifters which are indexing.

Back