Alan Competition For Sale - Now sold

Bultaco370

Retro Guru
After much thought, I have decided to part with the Alan Competition I built up over the last two years. The original plan was to use it for Eroica but I have had to admit that it is too big for me (yes, I am quite vertically challenged), so instead of trying to get it comfortable, I have decided to part with it.

The size is 53cm seat tube and 54cm top tube.

It is in excellent condition with some really nice components that I collected over the last couple of years. The transmission is Shimano 600 Arabesque with a 170mm chainset 42/52 rings and a 14-22 six speed freewheel. Derailleurs and levers are also Arabesque.

The brakes are slightly later Shimano 600, but the levers were sourced NOS including the original gum hoods.

Bottom bracket is a lovely TA AXIX titanium unit in great condition.

Wheels are Mavic 501 hubs with Mavic Open 4CD rims 36 holes and Clement 25mm tyres.

Bars and stem are nice 3ttt items. The only non-vintage part is the seatpost as I was trying an in-line post to get a comfortable position. Saddle is a Concor light.

The pedals in the pics are not the correct ones, it will be supplied a nice pair of Shimano 600 traditional toe clips and straps so it is completely correct and ready for Eroica.

The frame was originally used by a Belgian cyclist and a nice bit of patina is his name and address engraved into the top tube by the seat cluster.

I am not willing to give this bike away as it is a lovely build and ready to go, so I am asking for £350.

Location near Leicester.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,016
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,017
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • IMG_0252.jpg